Police in Ireland are expected to formally interview the teenager involved in viral sex act photos at Slane concert last Saturday, over the coming days.
It is understood that the 17-year-old girl made a verbal complaint at the concert that she had been sexually assaulted at the venue. The teen sought assistance at a medical tent at the Slane venue on Saturday.
“Our priority is the welfare of the girl involved and that of her family,” said a police spokesperson.
“There is an active investigation underway. We are monitoring CCTV and social media, as this is where this seems to have started. We would appeal to any witnesses to come forward if they have any information which might be of use.”
Social networking sites Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram have all removed pictures and videos involving the girl in recent days.
Following the concert the young woman was treated at a hospital in the midlands. Police are awaiting the results of blood tests to establish whether her drink had been spiked.
On Wednesday a new video of the teenager emerged on YouTube where she is surrounded by up to eight men who are pushing her around and verbally abusing her, as she kissed a man.
The two-minute clip, which named the teenager, was removed less than an hour later.
The man in the video is not the same person she was photographed performing a sex act on.
A police source told the Irish Independent that the footage will be part of their ongoing investigation.
A source explained: “This latest video is just another disturbing aspect of this sorry situation and gardai continue to make enquiries about the identities of all those men who feature in photos and videos with the girl.
“The course of this investigation very much depends now on what the girl has to say – she and her family are completely devastated over this.”
Slane Castle owner Henry Mountcharles has declined to comment on the incident.