Irish leader Enda Kenny completes 111 mile Ring of Kerry cycle for charity
Father and son complete charity event in Kerry
Taoiseach Enda Kenny and his 18-year-old son Ferdia cycled along with 8,500 others to complete the 111miles (180km) Ring of Kerry charity cycle.
This was the Taoiseach's sixth completion of the charity event, and his son's second. Joining them was Arts Minister Jimmy Deenihan and Transport Minister Leo Varadkar, who related that before this, the farthest cycle he'd taken was 25miles (40km).
This was the charity's 30th year, and is the biggest one-day fundraising event in Munster. The funds raised go to various worthy Kerry-based charities. To date, the Ring of Kerry Cycle has raised over $7.3m (€5.7m).
Also taking part in the cycle was Sean Og O'Leary, in his second time completing the race in honor of his brother Paud, who was killed by a hit-and-run driver as he was preparing for the race last July. The driver in question has never been caught.
Between the cycle and the Munster football final, there was an estimated total of 70,000 visitors to Killarney this weekend.
- An open letter in strong defence of capitalism.
- Sarah Palin is saving Christmas
- Racist incidents in Ireland up by 85 percent...
- Gay teacher fired from Catholic school after...
- Virginia governor slammed by doctor over...
- Irish drugs mule to escape full trial and...
- Top Christmas Irish ads that will be bring...
- Irish radio presenter suspended after anti-Isra
- Nelson Mandela was against IRA decommissioning.
- Families as well as Catholic Church and governm
Niall O'Dowd, as for my typos, can't you tell a bit of irony and parody when you see it?An open letter in strong defence of capitalism to Pope Francis
Quoting Churchill to an Irish audience to make a point is not the silliest part of this sad missive. Like so many "Conservatives" Conboy mBill O’Reilly slams Nelson Mandela as an unrepentant “communist”
Obama is not a socialist, that is why you got ACA run by private insurance companies instead of Single Payer. I know he's not a socialist because I amUnionists regret US envoy Haass’ call for new flag for Northern Ireland (VIDEO)
More 'fried brain' nonsense...A sibling of an Irish person...is Irish...stay out of the Sun, 'n keep trying, cobber!!!