Irish government backs down on confessional bill
Decide not to pursue information heard in confession box on abuse cases
Minister for Children Fitzgerald expects to present the wording on a new children’s rights bill in the near future.
“I expect to see substantial progress in the next few weeks,” said Minister Fitzgerald.
“We will then be looking at the wording and the Cabinet will decide on a date. At the moment we don’t have a date, but it remains a high priority for the Government once we have a wording agreed.
“There have been some difficulties with the wordings which had been in the public arena and the Government wants to get it right.
“There have been some difficulties with those. But we are committed to wording along the lines originally proposed by the all-party constitutional committee on children.”
15 - 58 | See all comments
- An open letter in strong defence of capitalism.
- Sarah Palin is saving Christmas
- Racist incidents in Ireland up by 85 percent...
- Gay teacher fired from Catholic school after...
- Virginia governor slammed by doctor over...
- Irish drugs mule to escape full trial and...
- Nelson Mandela was against IRA decommissioning.
- Top Christmas Irish ads that will be bring...
- Irish radio presenter suspended after anti-Isra
- Hollywood star Gabriel Byrne brands new Pope...
As an oncology nurse I support any efforts to decrease the use of tobacco products. The ability of the tobacco lobby ( and those in its thrall ) to deSarah Palin is saving Christmas
Failed VP, failed half governor, failed Catholic and failed mother, a mental lightweight who plays to a knuckle dragging audience. What war on ChristmVirginia governor slammed by doctor over plain cigarette pack rejection
As an oncology nurse, I heartily endorse any efforts to decrease smoking. The suffering and deaths caused by tobacco products cannot be underestimatedAn open letter in strong defence of capitalism to Pope Francis
You might think you are debating a radical pope. It is far worse for you. You are debating a Jesuit.