Irish gambling on Virgin Mary to appear at Knock shrine on Halloween
Tens of thousands travel to Knock for predicted apparition by Our Lady
- News / Journalist challenges original sighting of Virgin Mary at Knock shrine in 1879 / Click here
- News / 10,000 disappointed as Virgin Mary fails to show at Knock / Click here
- Father Tim column / Virgin Mary was in Ireland, Irish Catholic Church missing in action / Click here
- Video / Apparition of the Virgin Mary at Knock shrine / Click here
- Susan Boyle/ How Knock shrine changed her life /Click here
Tens of thousands of people are traveling to the Knock shrine in Ireland this weekend for a predicted apparition by the Virgin Mary.
There is such strong belief in her appearance that people are even placing bets at Irish bookmakers.
Irish spiritual healer Joe Coleman, who predicted the appearances, says Our Lady has told him she is very angry at the world and is threatening to close the gates of Heaven.
“She will rock the foundations of the church if the people do not listen, from Rome back down to where we are, down to Knock. And the gates of Heaven will be closed,” he said.
“She says she’ll do it, I don’t know how she’ll do it, but she’s angry,” he said.
Coleman, 55, says Mary will appear at the Basilica at the church in Knock at 3pm on Saturday.
A crowd of some 5,000 people gathered at Knock earlier this month following Coleman's original prediction and more than 10,000 people have viewed the video of the event on YouTube.
Church officials are unhappy with Coleman's predictions. Archbishop of Tuam Dr Michael Neary said such predictions were "not healthy," and did not "give glory to God and certainly is not good witness to the faith to be looking for extraordinary phenomena."
Coleman, from Ballyfermot in Dublin, says this is rubbish.
“I don’t think Archbishop Neary has ever seen the Blessed Mother, because he’s hiding behind his closed doors in his big house where he lives.”
Coleman said that the church “is not a building. It’s made of the people of Ireland. Does he not believe in the apparition of Bernadette? Padre Pio? Medjugorje?”
- Irish radio presenter suspended after anti-Isra
- Obama relative gets personal special deal...
- Smithwick inquiry finds Irish police may...
- Amazing story of how Choctaw Indians raised...
- Why Ireland needs to give its emigrants a...
- Married priests could well be Pope Francis'...
- Sarah Jessica Parker opens her heart to grievin
- Most Americans are in favor of immigration...
- Pope Francis calls capitalism “new tyranny”...
- Irish give more than anyone else in Europe...
1 of your commentators say that we should have invaded, with the modernised and well equipped Army we have now, if only we had the same at the start o'Danny Boy' turns 100 and the experts explain its popularity (VIDEO)
I use a sample of "Danny Boy" in "Give Us Back The Beautiful Game - Small Heath Rifles BCFC WW1 Mix". It's the anthem of every FlaPope Francis calls capitalism “new tyranny” calls on leaders to fight poverty
Undoubtedly, well meaning and intentioned opinions. But how does one explain the reputedly infinitesmal weatlh in the Vatican City's vaults, and invesWhy Ireland needs to give its emigrants a say in the country
A haemorrhage of blood would leave a cadavre anaemic. A haemmorhage of nationals leaves a nation likewise. Ireland will continue to flounder around in