Irish gambling on Virgin Mary to appear at Knock shrine on Halloween
Tens of thousands travel to Knock for predicted apparition by Our Lady
- News / Journalist challenges original sighting of Virgin Mary at Knock shrine in 1879 / Click here
- News / 10,000 disappointed as Virgin Mary fails to show at Knock / Click here
- Father Tim column / Virgin Mary was in Ireland, Irish Catholic Church missing in action / Click here
- Video / Apparition of the Virgin Mary at Knock shrine / Click here
- Susan Boyle/ How Knock shrine changed her life /Click here
Tens of thousands of people are traveling to the Knock shrine in Ireland this weekend for a predicted apparition by the Virgin Mary.
There is such strong belief in her appearance that people are even placing bets at Irish bookmakers.
Irish spiritual healer Joe Coleman, who predicted the appearances, says Our Lady has told him she is very angry at the world and is threatening to close the gates of Heaven.
“She will rock the foundations of the church if the people do not listen, from Rome back down to where we are, down to Knock. And the gates of Heaven will be closed,” he said.
“She says she’ll do it, I don’t know how she’ll do it, but she’s angry,” he said.
Coleman, 55, says Mary will appear at the Basilica at the church in Knock at 3pm on Saturday.
A crowd of some 5,000 people gathered at Knock earlier this month following Coleman's original prediction and more than 10,000 people have viewed the video of the event on YouTube.
Church officials are unhappy with Coleman's predictions. Archbishop of Tuam Dr Michael Neary said such predictions were "not healthy," and did not "give glory to God and certainly is not good witness to the faith to be looking for extraordinary phenomena."
Coleman, from Ballyfermot in Dublin, says this is rubbish.
“I don’t think Archbishop Neary has ever seen the Blessed Mother, because he’s hiding behind his closed doors in his big house where he lives.”
Coleman said that the church “is not a building. It’s made of the people of Ireland. Does he not believe in the apparition of Bernadette? Padre Pio? Medjugorje?”
- Sarah Palin is saving Christmas
- An open letter in strong defence of capitalism.
- Racist incidents in Ireland up by 85 percent...
- Gay teacher fired from Catholic school after...
- Virginia governor slammed by doctor over...
- Irish drugs mule to escape full trial and...
- Nelson Mandela was against IRA decommissioning.
- Top Christmas Irish ads that will be bring...
- Irish radio presenter suspended after anti-Isra
- Hollywood star Gabriel Byrne brands new Pope...
Dano you do not live in Ireland any sibling of an Irish person (or grandparent can apply for a passport). You do not live in Ireland.Gay teacher fired from Catholic school after applying for same-sex marriage license
Crusades came back in 2001 and now being waged by Secular Christians from USA and EU......The original Crusades were fought by European Catholics.Nelson Mandela once considered a terrorist by many Irish political leaders
If you wear a uniform you can kill all the women and children you like ,isn't that correct Chuck.Gay teacher fired from Catholic school after applying for same-sex marriage license
oops!! jetsnoone! Does that mean that the majority of the worlds population(who are not Christian) are doomed if they do not follow your ppxs views. B