Irish farmer buys back land he sold for $2 million for $75,000
The 8.5 acre site near Kells, County Meath, was set to be redeveloped as a housing estate
An Irish farmer has bought back land he sold at the height of the Celtic Tiger for close to $2 million for just $75,000.
The 8.5 acre site near Kells, County Meath, an hour from Dublin was set to be redeveloped for new homes.
But the financial bust happened and the land lay unused, the Irish Independent reported.
The original developers auctioned the land off again this week -- and there were only two bids.
The land that was supposed to be the site of 45 homes selling for about $300,000 each was instead back in the original owner's hands.
David Gilsenan refused to discuss his good fortune but won't have to even remove a fence from his current property as the site was never even fenced off.
A member of his family said "this is private family business."
Increasingly banks are unloading rural property development sites to get them off their books.
- An open letter in strong defence of capitalism.
- Sarah Palin is saving Christmas
- Racist incidents in Ireland up by 85 percent...
- Gay teacher fired from Catholic school after...
- Virginia governor slammed by doctor over...
- Irish drugs mule to escape full trial and...
- Nelson Mandela was against IRA decommissioning.
- Top Christmas Irish ads that will be bring...
- Irish radio presenter suspended after anti-Isra
- Families as well as Catholic Church and governm
Quoting Churchill to an Irish audience to make a point is not the silliest part of this sad missive. Like so many "Conservatives" Conboy mBill O’Reilly slams Nelson Mandela as an unrepentant “communist”
Obama is not a socialist, that is why you got ACA run by private insurance companies instead of Single Payer. I know he's not a socialist because I amUnionists regret US envoy Haass’ call for new flag for Northern Ireland (VIDEO)
More 'fried brain' nonsense...A sibling of an Irish person...is Irish...stay out of the Sun, 'n keep trying, cobber!!!Gay teacher fired from Catholic school after applying for same-sex marriage license
Hi alisaann, in truth, the ones who lose the most are the children. Marriage affords most people a means to bequeath possessions to the family without