Irish cousins Obama, Gates and Crowley meeting for a beer Thursday
Trio will settle police and political mess over a pint - the Irish way!
The planned reunion was the subject of some good-natured verbal jousting at Gibbs’ briefing on Monday, at which the selection of beers for the three men came up.
Crowley reportedly likes Blue Moon, and Gates is apparently a fan of Red Stripe or Becks. And the President?
Gibbs said that "the president had a Budweiser at the All-Star Game, so..."
Despite their shared Irish roots, it doesn't look like Guinness is on the menu at the White House Pub. Crowley is of course a true Irish-American. Obama and Gates also have Irish ancestry: Obama, whose mother was Irish, has strong ties to County Offaly, and Gates, as he revealed on PBS, is descended from Irish chieftain Niall of the Nine Hostages.
- An open letter in strong defence of capitalism.
- Sarah Palin is saving Christmas
- Racist incidents in Ireland up by 85 percent...
- Virginia governor slammed by doctor over...
- Gay teacher fired from Catholic school after...
- Irish drugs mule to escape full trial and...
- Top Christmas Irish ads that will be bring...
- Families as well as Catholic Church and governm
- Nelson Mandela was against IRA decommissioning.
- Irish radio presenter suspended after anti-Isra
Good one, Tandoori Nights. So, this cake business is bigotry? If you're against bigotry, then you're against bigotry of all kinds right, Mr. O'DoherRacist incidents in Ireland up by 85 percent says Immigrant Council
@Smyrnian: 1) If an immigrant in Ireland wishes to bring over family members can can support them financially then I see no reason why they shouldn'tGay teacher fired from Catholic school after applying for same-sex marriage license
Because some bigoted people can't produce a single good reason to deny gay couples marriage equality in the present they're left with trying to scareFamilies as well as Catholic Church and government to blame for illegal adoptions
Hi tucsondub, some of those "lads" were priests and fathers. Some were politically connected. There was a reason why the girls needed to be