Irish community rallies behind Boston bombing victims as little Irish dancer struggles to recover
Irish dancers in Boston, New York and Philly turn out to support Richard family - VIDEO
Dancers from the Clifden Academy of Irish Dance held a ‘Dance Out for Jane’ at John Hancock Hall and singers from two Boston and two Cambridge choirs joined for a concert at St. Mark Church in Dorchester, the Boston Herald reports.
In Philadelphia the Caitrin Academy of Irish Dance also showed their support for the Richard family at an event in the Trappe Shopping Center.
The fundraising efforts were coordinated by Philadelphia St. Patrick’s Day Parade Director Michael Bradley, Sheila Sweeney of the McDade-Cara School of Irish Dance, and John Dougherty, of the International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers, Local 98.
“As someone who teaches 100 students a week, it’s just so hard to fathom,” Sweeney told IrishPhiladelphia.com. “When you look at these little girls, they’re so sweet, so innocent. I’m just happy to see all the Irish dance schools coming together for this cause.”
Watch a video report of the fundraising efforts in Boston below:
- The New York Times questions Ireland’s highly-p
- Gay wedding cakes latest target of anti-gay...
- Racist incidents in Ireland up by 85 percent...
- Spanish judge slams Ryanair’s sexist air...
- Bah! Humbug! The ten worst things about Christm
- No Irish prosecution for man named as world’s...
- Offensive NFL sign outside restaurant just...
- Ireland crowned “Top Tourist Destination”...
- An open letter in strong defence of capitalism.
- Irish radio presenter suspended after anti-Isra
And those cheap industrial "chocolate" diamonds!Bill O’Reilly slams Nelson Mandela as an unrepentant “communist”
Pat123: Very good observation. We should judge a person by what they accomplish not by the labels put upon on them.The New York Times questions Ireland’s highly-praised economic recovery
I wonder less about the possibility of everyone having equal incomes than those who do nothing but get huge federal subsidies anyway. Check out some rOffensive NFL sign outside restaurant just a symptom of a larger problem
Excellent, useless, reporting, Cormac. I say we round up these blue-eyed devils and put 'em all in a Paddy Wagon and run 'em out of town. Unless they