'Jihad Jane' may have visited Ireland to enlist for al-Qaida plot
- News / Irish arrest Al-Qaida suspects in murder conspiracy / Click here
- Niall O'Dowd column / Now al-Qaida operating in Ireland / Click here
Irish American woman Colleen LaRose or "Jihad Jane," is believed to have visited Ireland last year to enlist others in the plot to assassinate a Swedish national, believed to be cartoonist Lars Vilks.
Seven Muslims were arrested in Ireland on Tuesday in connection with the alleged plot to kill Vilks, and the Irish Times reports that Gardai (Irish Police) believe LaRose visited the country last year to enlist and aid those involved.
Four men and three women were arrested in a joint operation between the Irish police (garden) and the U.S. authorities.
La Rose, 46, was arrested in October but the indictment was only unsealed Tuesday. Her indictment states that on and around August 23, 2009, LaRose “traveled to Europe with the intent to live and train with jihadists, and to find and kill RS #1.”
In the indictment, RS #1 refers to "Resident of Sweden," which in this case is believed to be Vilks.
The indictment also says that "Jihad Jane" posted messages on MySpace and YouTube highlighting her desire to become a martyr for Islam.
"I will make this my goal till I achieve it or die trying," she said.
- Megyn Kelly says Santa and Jesus are white,...
- Irish outrage over NY Times pigeon-eating...
- Gay wedding cakes latest target of anti-gay...
- Racist incidents in Ireland up by 85 percent...
- Engaged couple fired by Catholic school for...
- The New York Times questions Ireland’s highly-p
- How the Irish celebrate Christmas has changed...
- Spanish judge slams Ryanair’s sexist air...
- Irish radio presenter suspended after anti-Isra
- Bah! Humbug! The ten worst things about Christm
The racist and anti-Catholic eiriamach should ask for leave from her klavern for a week or two and pay a visit to Ireland. She might learn something,Irish radio presenter suspended after anti-Israeli comments aired on show
Blue shirt, I applaud NO terrorism, not Palestinian, nor Israeli! Peter, I don't care how many dogs you have, don't even try to tell us there is religIrish outrage over NY Times pigeon-eating and desperate economic times article
wounded brain with another pearl of bigotry and racism.Racist incidents in Ireland up by 85 percent says Immigrant Council
At a minimum wage of €8.65 per hour (according to Barry), no one would prefer to be on the dole, and even those earning the minimum contribute to