'Jihad Jane' may have visited Ireland to enlist for al-Qaida plot
- News / Irish arrest Al-Qaida suspects in murder conspiracy / Click here
- Niall O'Dowd column / Now al-Qaida operating in Ireland / Click here
Irish American woman Colleen LaRose or "Jihad Jane," is believed to have visited Ireland last year to enlist others in the plot to assassinate a Swedish national, believed to be cartoonist Lars Vilks.
Seven Muslims were arrested in Ireland on Tuesday in connection with the alleged plot to kill Vilks, and the Irish Times reports that Gardai (Irish Police) believe LaRose visited the country last year to enlist and aid those involved.
Four men and three women were arrested in a joint operation between the Irish police (garden) and the U.S. authorities.
La Rose, 46, was arrested in October but the indictment was only unsealed Tuesday. Her indictment states that on and around August 23, 2009, LaRose “traveled to Europe with the intent to live and train with jihadists, and to find and kill RS #1.”
In the indictment, RS #1 refers to "Resident of Sweden," which in this case is believed to be Vilks.
The indictment also says that "Jihad Jane" posted messages on MySpace and YouTube highlighting her desire to become a martyr for Islam.
"I will make this my goal till I achieve it or die trying," she said.
- Gay wedding cakes latest target of anti-gay...
- Racist incidents in Ireland up by 85 percent...
- An open letter in strong defence of capitalism.
- A Magdalene Laundry US adoptee who holds...
- Irish radio presenter suspended after anti-Isra
- Gay teacher fired from Catholic school after...
- Families as well as Catholic Church and governm
- Nelson Mandela was against IRA decommissioning.
- Baby dies in horror birth at Belfast hospital...
- Bill O’Reilly slams Nelson Mandela as an...
was a scene in the film " the treaty" where Brendan Gleason as collins said that although we werent going to be a great power,we could makeNelson Mandela was against IRA decommissioning its arms during 2000 talks
Mandela would have sold his Soul to have kept the support of the Western Media. The Republican Irish were not fighting Racist Apartheid; They were wagGay wedding cakes latest target of anti-gay bigots
Lol, check out the comments below. The rural culchies and donkeys are getting their panties in a bunch over this. Bocktherobber takes the cake though,An open letter in strong defence of capitalism to Pope Francis
Curitiba - Thank you. I know. In the US, however and in Ireland where I live part time, a surprising number of people do not realise that.