Irish Americans stage protest at Queen’s Jubilee for NYC free Marian Price campaign
Protesters gather at Manhattan celebration to raise awareness for Old Bailey bomber
Also participating in the protest was Dawn Lalor from Florida alongside her two sons Dalon, 10, and Sean, 20.
“We actually live down in Florida so we don’t get a chance to do any of this.”
“My friend Bridget is very much involved, so she let us know everything that was going on,” Lalor told the Irish Voice.
Drogheda native Brendan Fay told the Irish Voice he thinks Price’s imprisonment reflects badly on Ireland.
“It’s about the treatment of a woman prisoner,” said the veteran campaigner. “I think this actually reflects who we are as a people.”
“For all our platitudes about peace, justice and quality, this is about due process.”
Asked if he thinks Martin McGuinness should meet the Queen during her visit to Northern Ireland later this month, Fay said he should.
“He should definitely bring Marian Price up with her,” he added.
15 - 36 | See all comments
- An open letter in strong defence of capitalism.
- Sarah Palin is saving Christmas
- Racist incidents in Ireland up by 85 percent...
- Gay teacher fired from Catholic school after...
- Virginia governor slammed by doctor over...
- Top Christmas Irish ads that will be bring...
- Irish drugs mule to escape full trial and...
- Nelson Mandela was against IRA decommissioning.
- Families as well as Catholic Church and governm
- Bill O’Reilly slams Nelson Mandela as an...
Didn't know Sarah Palin was Irish or American Irish, or that she had anything to do with Ireland. I learn something every day. Thank you for informiBill O’Reilly slams Nelson Mandela as an unrepentant “communist”
Ah Jesus will we never stop with the petty personal attacks here? O'Reilly is exactly right...Mandela was for most of his life a hard-core communistSF outcast can't break away from party control
That's why Adams is the most popular politician in Ireland in EVERY opinion poll held. Adams was questioning Kenny about corruption in the governmentIrish radio presenter suspended after anti-Israeli comments aired on show
But I agree with Shuvonn's words to Schlomo. One of the great ironies of the modern state of Israel is that, indeed, the culture of its citizens as w