Fáilte Ireland reveals Ireland's 20 top tourist attractions (PHOTOS)
Guinness Storehouse draws over one million visitors each year
Ireland’s national tourism development authority, Fáilte Ireland, has named Ireland’s top visited tourist attractions.
Their lists are broken down into “Free” and “Paid” attractions and ranked by the number of visitors they had in 2011.
The tourism body recorded a growth of six percent in the rise of visitors visiting Ireland’s shores and they hope to improve this figure in 2012. They also said Queen Elizabeth and US President Barack Obama’s visits to the country had been a wonderful showcase for everything Ireland has to offer.
Here is the top ten from each category:
1. National Gallery - 624,412 visitors
2. National Botanic Gardens - 501,000 visitors
3. National Museum of Archaeology - 402,582 visitors
4. Irish Museum of Modern Art - 362,000 visitors
5. Farmleigh - 315,464 visitors
6. National Museum of Decorative Arts (Collins Barracks) - 295,488 visitors
7. National Museum of Natural History - 289,172 visitors
8. Chester Beatty Library - 247,729 visitors
9. Science Gallery - 242,833 visitors
10. Holycross Abbey, Thurles - 240,000 visitors
1. Guinness Storehouse - 1,025,677 visitors
2. Dublin Zoo - 1,000,000 visitors
3. National Aquatic Centre, Dublin - 825,049 visitors
4. Cliffs of Moher - 809,474 visitors
5. Book of Kells - 524,119 visitors
6. Fota Wildlife Park - 390,124 visitors
7. St Patrick's Cathedral - 362,000 visitors
8. Blarney Castle - 325,000 visitors
9. Kilmainham Gaol - 294,095 visitors
10. Bunratty Castle - 275,986 visitors
- Gay wedding cakes latest target of anti-gay...
- The New York Times questions Ireland’s highly-p
- Spanish judge slams Ryanair’s sexist air...
- Offensive NFL sign outside restaurant just...
- Bah! Humbug! The ten worst things about Christm
- No Irish prosecution for man named as world’s...
- Racist incidents in Ireland up by 85 percent...
- An open letter in strong defence of capitalism.
- Ireland crowned “Top Tourist Destination”...
- Irish radio presenter suspended after anti-Isra
Interesting arguments......will read 'em all, then reply....Racist incidents in Ireland up by 85 percent says Immigrant Council
Comparing baboon and chimpanzee species to "races" of the one species Homo Sapiens is, to borrow Barry's words, "offensive and ridiculoIreland crowned “Top Tourist Destination” for second year by USA travelers
WE love the $ simpleSpanish judge slams Ryanair’s sexist air hostess calendar
She must be the only "holier than thou " judge in Espana