Ireland's funniest man Frank Carson: 20 of his best jokes
Some of the funniest jokes from legendary Irish comedian
Since the death of Frank Carson, his talent has been celebrated by both his fans, family and friends. Thousands of people lined the streets of Belfast last Saturday afternoon for the funeral of the 85-year-old, who passed away on February 22. To honor his comedic legacy the Belfast Telegraph has put together a slide-show of some of his funniest work. Here are twenty of his finest.
1. There was an Irish space program to go to the sun. They went at night so they didn't get burnt.
2. A man walks into a pet shop and says: "Give me a wasp." The shopkeeper replies: "We don't sell wasps." He says: "There's one in the window."
3. A man goes into Boots (a pharmacy) and says: "Have you got any Viagra?" "Do you have a prescription?" asks the chemist. "No," he replies, "But 'I've got a photograph of the wife."
4. A man says to the doctor: "What's the good news?" "You've got 24 hours to live." He says: "What's the bad news?" The doctor says: "We should have told you yesterday."
5. My wife went into the butchers and said: "You've a sheep's head in your window." The butcher said: "That's a mirror."
6. I come from a family of musicians. Even the sewing machine is a Singer.
Offbeat news stories from IrishCentral
7. Frank once slipped something into the pocket of a luggage handler at the airport and said: "Have a drink on me." The luggage handler later found out it was a tea bag.
8. An Englishman, an Irishman and a Scotsman walk into a bar. The barman looks at them and says: "Is this some kind of a joke?"
9. Men only go for skinny women because they're too weak to argue - and salads are cheap.
10. What's the difference between a Rottweiler and a poodle peeing on your leg? You let the Rottweiler finish.
11. I went to an old people's home. I asked an old lady with a Zimmer frame. "Do you know who I am?" She replied, "Ask the Matron, she'll tell you."
12. I'm staying in a lovely hotel, dressing robe behind the door, lovely fluffy sheets - took me a half an hour to get my suitcase closed.
13. A guy walked into the pub with a cocker spaniel and I said: "No dogs allowed". He said: "You allow guide dogs." I said: "Yes but they are either Alsatians or Labradors." He said, "Ah s***, what have they given me?"
14. There was a man sitting in the dining room of the Titanic, he said: "I know I asked for ice, but this is ridiculous."
15. A fella said to me: "Your mother-in-law has just died, do you want her embalmed, buried or cremated?" I said: "Take no chances, give her the lot.
- The New York Times questions Ireland’s highly-p
- Gay wedding cakes latest target of anti-gay...
- Bah! Humbug! The ten worst things about Christm
- Megyn Kelly says Santa and Jesus are white,...
- Racist incidents in Ireland up by 85 percent...
- Spanish judge slams Ryanair’s sexist air...
- Irish outrage over NY Times pigeon-eating...
- No Irish prosecution for man named as world’s...
- Offensive NFL sign outside restaurant just...
- How Christmas was in my father’s time
Why souldn't palin slave at Xmas like the rest of us... ohhhhh - SAVING..... Is she saving Xmas for another day or a rainy day? What is she saving iIrish outrage over NY Times pigeon-eating and desperate economic times article
New Yorkers eat pigeon too, but they call it "squab" and pay $84.50 for the privilege at some upscale midtown restaurants. kozmo18From Ireland to Chicago, six-year-old at center of custody battle should be returned to US
Agreed, it's not his fault that she was unable to come to ireland to see her child. She was in the wrong. I don't agree that she should get custody, sMegyn Kelly says Santa and Jesus are white, get used to it (VIDEO)
Santa is well aware of the threat of rockets and is careful when flying over many places. I don't think Santa hurts any reindeer as a false flag a