Irelands Eye - A round up of Irish news
A look at news from around Ireland
“Times must be really hard when people are breaking in to take food,” she said, adding that she heard reports of other people in the area having bags of coal stolen.
McGee reported the theft to the Gardai (police), who told her they had heard of people stealing heating oil, but this was the first time they had heard of anybody taking food.
Early AM Predator
A DISABLED pensioner who was the victim of an early morning sex pest has issued an emotional warning to other women in the Ballymoney area after she was left shaken and afraid.
The woman, who asked to remain anonymous, was taking her dog for their regular early morning stroll close to her Cloneen Drive home around 6:50 a.m. last Monday when a man dressed in dark clothing stepped out of the bushes and asked her to perform a lewd sex act on him.
"I have lived in Ballymoney all my life and can genuinely say I have never been afraid before now. I was just going about my normal routine, walking the dog when all of a sudden this man appeared in front of me, touching himself and going over rude talk,” the mother of three said.
“I was scared, but didn't want him to see that I was so I told him I couldn't make out what he was saying. He came closer and repeated his request, but this time my dog jumped up on him and started to growl, so the man stepped back. “It was disgusting. My concern was for some young girls that I often meet at that time of the day."
The woman said as soon as she reached her home she locked her door and called the police.
She added, "I am disabled so I can't move very fast, but I kept looking back at where this man had been to make sure he wasn't following me home. I called my daughter who calmed me down and scolded me for being out so early that it was still dark. I won't be doing that again." The feisty pensioner said the exchange shook her "to the core" and left her feeling vulnerable. She added, "I would warn others to be wary if they were to stumble across this man. Stay away from him and be careful, because his tone of voice was scary."
THE organizer of a Roscommon Town teenage disco has “apologized sincerely” to parents who have expressed outrage at their children posing for pictures with semi-naked models, which were uploaded to the Internet.
Almost 500 teenagers attended a recent Christmas disco which was organized by Sonic Ents, a Roscommon-based company. At the event, two scantily dressed females and a male posed for photographs with the teens. More than 500 photographs were later uploaded to the company’s Facebook page.
A spokesperson for the events company explained that the disco was aimed at teenagers from 14 to 18 years old, but accepted that younger people may have gained entry.
“We had a fire and laser show outside as part of the event. The two female entertainers performed fire breathing outside the hotel, but I didn’t know what costumes they were going to be wearing. It was through a promotions company in Dublin that I organized them,” he said.
- Bill O'Reilly claims the Obama administration...
- Chilling testimony before congressional hearing
- Enda Kenny rejects Dublin Archbishop's claims...
- Census shows more Catholics than Protestants...
- New reports suggest Robert F Kennedy’s wife...
- 'You attack one Muslim, you attack all Muslims'
- Young people worst affected by Ireland’s...
- Prospects for immigration reform bill are...
- Disgraced Cardinal Keith O’Brien leaves Scotlan
- Ten castles to rent in Ireland for a vacation...