Ireland has 33,000 millionaires despite worst recession in decades
Fourteenth in the word per capita of big earners
Ireland may be weathering an economic crisis but the figures issued by Bloomberg and Boston Consulting this week have painted a rosier picture for some there.
According to Businessreport.ie, Ireland has actually placed fourteenth in the global list of countries with the most millionaires per capita.
Ireland's ranking of rich people was the highest for any European country except Belgium, which had the twelfth place, and was closely followed by The Netherlands at fifteenth place.
According to the latest data, 2.2 per cent of Irish households now rank as 'millionaire households' and this, 'despite the economic carnage and an unemployment rate that remains above 14 percent' according to the new survey.
The country now has about 33,000 millionaire households.
Meanwhile, the USA, also weathering a major recession, came in seventh place with 4.3 per cent of households classed as 'millionaire.' Singapore topped the millionaire poll with 17.1 per cent.
- An open letter in strong defence of capitalism.
- Sarah Palin is saving Christmas
- Racist incidents in Ireland up by 85 percent...
- Gay teacher fired from Catholic school after...
- Gay wedding cakes latest target of anti-gay...
- Irish radio presenter suspended after anti-Isra
- Families as well as Catholic Church and governm
- Virginia governor slammed by doctor over...
- Top Christmas Irish ads that will be bring...
- Nelson Mandela was against IRA decommissioning.
No discrimination of any kind allowed if a business is open to the public. Settled law. Period. That stone was overturned in the 60s and bigots and reGay wedding cakes latest target of anti-gay bigots
Unlike you katiemac I do care about treating all people with respect. do you confine yourself to shopping at Tea Party approved outlets? i doubt it. wHow the Irish celebrate Christmas has changed since the financial collapse
I guess The Iron Lady called it. "The problem with socialism is that you eventually run out of other people's money."You know you were brought up by Irish parents when…
Ah yes, Jesus, Mary and St. Joseph!!! And my friends would tell me my parents had the cutest accent. What accent? They don't have an accent! Also,