Iraq authorities admit Margaret Hassan’s killer escaped
The Iraqi Deputy Justice Minister has admitted the convicted killer of Irish aid worker, Margaret Hassan, escaped from prison.
The announcement comes as an embarrassment to the authorities as the man had escaped 11 months ago but the government had only been made aware last month. This embarrassment was compounded by the fact that the Hassan family made the escape public knowledge.
In 2004 the kidnapping and videoed interviews and shooting of Hassan prompted the evacuation of foreign staff from many of the international aid organization in place, in Iraq, at the time.
Busho Ibrahim, the Deputy Justice Minister said that last month they discovered that Ali Lutfi al-Rawi was missing. Al-Rawi had been waiting for a retrial. He insisted that he was not in the country at the time of Hassan's shooting and his retrial had been repeatedly rescheduled.
Ibrahim also revealed that Al-Rawi escaped with the help of prison guards. He said In all that time, we thought he was in prison."
- An open letter in strong defence of capitalism.
- Sarah Palin is saving Christmas
- Racist incidents in Ireland up by 85 percent...
- Gay wedding cakes latest target of anti-gay...
- Gay teacher fired from Catholic school after...
- Irish radio presenter suspended after anti-Isra
- Irish drugs mule to escape full trial and...
- Families as well as Catholic Church and governm
- Virginia governor slammed by doctor over...
- Top Christmas Irish ads that will be bring...
Having refused to go to religious instruction, I was about 40 years old when I learned that Jesus, Mary and Joseph was part of a prayer.I spent all thGay wedding cakes latest target of anti-gay bigots
No discrimination of any kind allowed if a business is open to the public. Settled law. Period. That stone was overturned in the 60s and bigots and reGay wedding cakes latest target of anti-gay bigots
Unlike you katiemac I do care about treating all people with respect. do you confine yourself to shopping at Tea Party approved outlets? i doubt it. wHow the Irish celebrate Christmas has changed since the financial collapse
I guess The Iron Lady called it. "The problem with socialism is that you eventually run out of other people's money."