Inez McCormack fund launched to mark the life of renowned human rights activist
Award-winning actress Meryl Streep makes significant donation to fund, plans tribute to McCormack in New York
“A remarkable woman she was fundamentally an extraordinary organizer – and in recent years a very proud grandmother”.
Marissa McMahon, a member of the Seven Towers Residents Group in North Belfast, outlined the positive impact which the Participation and the Practice of Rights (PPR)* organization has had on her life:
“I first heard Inez speak at a lecture in St. Mary’s Training College, and I was in awe. How could one person make such a big difference? When I started campaigning with the Seven Towers Residents Group, she made me realize the importance of people’s voices being heard by those in power. If I encounter difficulties at any stage, I think ‘If Inez had given up, where would women and workers be now?’ I feel truly honored to have worked with her and our campaign will carry on in her name.”
For more information on the Inez McCormack Fund, please visit www.pprproject.org.
- The New York Times questions Ireland’s highly-p
- Gay wedding cakes latest target of anti-gay...
- Spanish judge slams Ryanair’s sexist air...
- Racist incidents in Ireland up by 85 percent...
- Bah! Humbug! The ten worst things about Christm
- No Irish prosecution for man named as world’s...
- Offensive NFL sign outside restaurant just...
- Ireland crowned “Top Tourist Destination”...
- An open letter in strong defence of capitalism.
- Irish radio presenter suspended after anti-Isra
Proud Cabuck-Will wonders never cease! I agree with the Proud Canuck! I am not a religious person, but I never try to impose my personal beliefs on otNo surprise as Pope Francis named Time Person of the Year 2013
I. Think Gerry Adams and Pope Francis need to get better acquainted ?Bah! Humbug! The ten worst things about Christmas (PHOTOS)
And those cheap industrial "chocolate" diamonds!Bill O’Reilly slams Nelson Mandela as an unrepentant “communist”
Pat123: Very good observation. We should judge a person by what they accomplish not by the labels put upon on them.