How to spot Irish Famine disease
The signs and symptoms of 'late blight'
STORY / NY CROPS WIPED OUT BY FAMINE DISEASE / CLICK HERE
As the Irish famine disease spreads across the Northeastern U.S., gardeners in the area should inspect their plants regularly in order to detect if the blight has hit their vegetable patch.
Here are instructions on how to prevent the fungus from killing your plants, how to check if your tomatoes or potatoes have been affected by late blight and what to do if they are:
- Closely examine your tomato and potato plants at least once a week. Look out for lesions (see photo) or other signs of the disease, including yellow leaves on tomatoes.
- Use a preventative fungicide spray to treat your plants. Use products that contain chlorothalonil. This kind of spray is not absorbed well by plants, so you’ll need to apply it thoroughly, and reapply it every five-seven days in rainy or damp weather.
- If your garden is infested with the fungus, be prepared to destroy your plants.
- Do not use any diseased parts of plants in your compost.
- Be sure to rotate your crops so you don’t grow tomatoes and potatoes in the same soil every year.
- An open letter in strong defence of capitalism.
- Sarah Palin is saving Christmas
- Racist incidents in Ireland up by 85 percent...
- Gay teacher fired from Catholic school after...
- Virginia governor slammed by doctor over...
- Irish drugs mule to escape full trial and...
- Top Christmas Irish ads that will be bring...
- Irish radio presenter suspended after anti-Isra
- Families as well as Catholic Church and governm
- Hollywood star Gabriel Byrne brands new Pope...
Hello everybody, my names is Cindy Davis Am from Canada i want to give thanks and honor to Dr.ATILA for the great work he did for me, he brought my loTop Christmas Irish ads that will be bring a tear to your eye (VIDEOS)
Niall O'Dowd, as for my typos, can't you tell a bit of irony and parody when you see it?An open letter in strong defence of capitalism to Pope Francis
Quoting Churchill to an Irish audience to make a point is not the silliest part of this sad missive. Like so many "Conservatives" Conboy mBill O’Reilly slams Nelson Mandela as an unrepentant “communist”
Obama is not a socialist, that is why you got ACA run by private insurance companies instead of Single Payer. I know he's not a socialist because I am