Historic coincidence as two U.S. Presidents, Obama and Clinton, on Irish soil on same day
Obama in Belfast as Clinton was at Shannon Airport
In what is considered to be the first time in history, two US Presidents were on Irish soil at the same time. On Monday, June 17th, President Barack Obama was in Belfast while former President Bill Clinton was at Shannon Airport.
The Irish Independent reports on the historic coincidence. President Obama was in Belfast addressing some 2,000 students before heading to the G8 Summit, while former President Clinton was stretching his legs at Shannon Airport during a layover during his route to the Middle East.
This was neither Obama’s nor Clinton’s first time visiting Ireland. President Obama made a trip to Ireland during his first term as president. Former President Clinton, who is noted for his work on the Peace Process in Northern Ireland, has visited Ireland several times.
Clinton’s wife Hilary Clinton, who is highly expected to run for president in 2016, wrote in her book 'Living History' that, "Of all the places we visited during the eight years of Bill's presidency, none was more invigorating and inspiring than Ireland."
- Gay wedding cakes latest target of anti-gay...
- The New York Times questions Ireland’s highly-p
- Spanish judge slams Ryanair’s sexist air...
- Offensive NFL sign outside restaurant just...
- Bah! Humbug! The ten worst things about Christm
- No Irish prosecution for man named as world’s...
- Racist incidents in Ireland up by 85 percent...
- An open letter in strong defence of capitalism.
- Ireland crowned “Top Tourist Destination”...
- Irish radio presenter suspended after anti-Isra
Interesting arguments......will read 'em all, then reply....Racist incidents in Ireland up by 85 percent says Immigrant Council
Comparing baboon and chimpanzee species to "races" of the one species Homo Sapiens is, to borrow Barry's words, "offensive and ridiculoIreland crowned “Top Tourist Destination” for second year by USA travelers
WE love the $ simpleSpanish judge slams Ryanair’s sexist air hostess calendar
She must be the only "holier than thou " judge in Espana