Hillary Defeat Is Our Loss
These overseas profits and tax breaks on them are essentially the source of the Celtic Tiger for Ireland. The nightmare for Ireland is multinationals deserting in droves if the proposals by Obama ever make it to legislation.
That is no nightmare rooted in fantasy. It is eminently possible that a new Obama regime may begin that process soon after coming into office.
So where will the Irish clout be to stop such an event? Right now it is hard to know what the Obama campaign intends to do about building an Irish base.
The polls are clear that white ethnic Americans are an absolutely critical component to a victory for him in November. It certainly makes sense that Obama would reach out, and McCain too, for that matter, perhaps by appearing at the presidential forum.
The weeks ahead will tell a lot. Until then we can only look back in regret at the Clinton campaign, and wonder what it might have been like to have the most pro-Irish president in American history. Alas, it was not to be.
- Gay wedding cakes latest target of anti-gay...
- Racist incidents in Ireland up by 85 percent...
- An open letter in strong defence of capitalism.
- A Magdalene Laundry US adoptee who holds...
- Irish radio presenter suspended after anti-Isra
- Nelson Mandela was against IRA decommissioning.
- Baby dies in horror birth at Belfast hospital...
- Gay teacher fired from Catholic school after...
- Sarah Palin is saving Christmas
- Families as well as Catholic Church and governm
These folks who do wedding cakes, have based their business on a certain model, specifically, their religious beliefs. They will probably cease makinIreland crowned “Top Tourist Destination” for second year by USA travelers
That's funny because on the Facebook comments it mostly Irish people bashing Americans.UN interpreter caught criticising Palestine is offered job by Israeli PM (VIDEO)
In 1948 the government of Iraq passed anti-semitic legislation more severe than the German Nuremburg Laws. The Arab world fleaced its Jews of land fivRacist incidents in Ireland up by 85 percent says Immigrant Council
Curitiba, You ask me "what's the massive difference?" between English and Irish people (in support of your argument that "Ireland is a