Hero GAA Clare goalkeeper Joe Hayes saves woman from icy Shannon waters
Clare goalie Joe Hayes saves young woman from drowning
Joe Hayes, goalkeeper for Co.Clare became a hero after saving a woman from drowning on Wednesday morning.
Hayes, who is a guard in Co.Limerick dived in to rescue the 22-year old woman from the River Shannon after she found herself in trouble.
At around 6am on Wednesday, when Guard Hayes began work, two officers- Tadgh Cronin and Brian Darcy noticed the young woman in difficulty at the river by the Shannon Bridge, according to the Irish Independent reports.
The 30-year old goalkeeper raced to the scene to rescue the woman. He managed to get his hands on the woman and swam to safety to a nearby ladder. There he was met and aided by colleagues, Sergeant Pat Brennan, Garda Dermot Murphy, Garda Sean O’Regan and Garda Adrian Egan.
Senior officers at Henry Street Garda station in Limerick city say his actions were “heroic.”
The young woman was yesterday recovering from her encounter with death.
- Gay wedding cakes latest target of anti-gay...
- Racist incidents in Ireland up by 85 percent...
- An open letter in strong defence of capitalism.
- A Magdalene Laundry US adoptee who holds...
- Irish radio presenter suspended after anti-Isra
- Gay teacher fired from Catholic school after...
- Families as well as Catholic Church and governm
- Nelson Mandela was against IRA decommissioning.
- Baby dies in horror birth at Belfast hospital...
- Bill O’Reilly slams Nelson Mandela as an...
was a scene in the film " the treaty" where Brendan Gleason as collins said that although we werent going to be a great power,we could makeNelson Mandela was against IRA decommissioning its arms during 2000 talks
Mandela would have sold his Soul to have kept the support of the Western Media. The Republican Irish were not fighting Racist Apartheid; They were wagGay wedding cakes latest target of anti-gay bigots
Lol, check out the comments below. The rural culchies and donkeys are getting their panties in a bunch over this. Bocktherobber takes the cake though,An open letter in strong defence of capitalism to Pope Francis
Curitiba - Thank you. I know. In the US, however and in Ireland where I live part time, a surprising number of people do not realise that.