Google reveals Ireland’s top searches for 2010
Ireland’s results reveal we still love to chat and continue to be addicted to Facebook
Google has reveal its annual “Zeitgeist” giving us a glimpse at some of the most popular searches in Ireland, in 2010. The results show us that the Irish still have ‘the gift of the gab’ as email, video chat and social networking were the told of the chart.
A website called Chatroulette was the top search globally. This website does exactly what the title suggests, it is a chat roulette that puts you in touch with random strangers via video chat. Google say that the website is so popular due to the “thrill seeking and spontaneous nature” of the website.
Justin Bieber came up as a highly searched term along with the Eurovision. However, the Eurovision lost out to rappers Cee Lo Green and Eminem. The Galway Races and the Grand National were top of the charts when it came to sport followed by Manchester United’s Wayne Rooney.
Here’s a run down of the top searched in Ireland:
Ireland's Fastest Rising
6. Tv3 player
7. World cup 2010
8. Gerry ryan
9. RTE player
Fastest Rising Music
1. Cee Lo Green
2. Eminem Recovery
3. Eurovision 2010
4. Professor green
5. V Festival 2010
7. Niamh Kavanagh
8. Oxegen 2010
9. Fireflies lyrics
10. Justin Bieber
Fastest Rising people
Fastest Rising entertainment
2. Big Brother 2010
4. Justin Bieber
5. TV3 Player
7. RTE player
9. Iron Man 2
10. ITV player
Fastest Rising Sport
- Young Irish woman turned in to U.S. authorities
- Did Pope Francis perform an exorcism at the...
- Violent attacks on gays in New York up 70...
- Irishman John Downey arrested for 1982 IRA...
- One in seven people on social welfare in...
- 87-year-old sues Donald Trump over condo...
- 'I expect terror attacks during G8 summit'...
- Michael Flatley, star of Lord of the Dance...
- The top ten things I dislike about Irish...
- Nigerian migrants send $653 million a year...