Google considers first stand alone retail store in Ireland
First of its kind store may be on the way to Dublin
In a surprising move, Google is considering opening its first stand-alone retail store at its European headquarters in Dublin, according to a report in the San Franciso Chronicle.
If it goes ahead, the new Google Store will reportedly be open to the public to sell unspecified Google merchandise, Google's Irish unit wrote in a local planning application. Fans of the internet giant are hoping that may include the access to the legendary Google restaurants, which are a prized aspect of the company's daily operation.
Located in Dublin's Montevetro office block on Barrow Street on the south side of the inner city, the new shop would include 1,323 square feet of space with an added mezzanine floor extension, the Chronicle wrote.
'While we do have the option to open retail space, we are examining all potential uses,' Google announced on Wednesday. 'No final decision has been taken.'
- Gay wedding cakes latest target of anti-gay...
- Racist incidents in Ireland up by 85 percent...
- A Magdalene Laundry US adoptee who holds...
- An open letter in strong defence of capitalism.
- Irish radio presenter suspended after anti-Isra
- Offensive NFL sign outside restaurant just...
- The New York Times questions Ireland’s highly-p
- Baby dies in horror birth at Belfast hospital...
- Nelson Mandela was against IRA decommissioning.
- Ireland crowned “Top Tourist Destination”...
It's a sad comment on the ignorance of our age that so many people refuse to realize that the law is settled: businesses open and licensed to serve thThe New York Times questions Ireland’s highly-praised economic recovery
Ireland, not unlike other Western nations, followed the US model which insured those who took unwise and monstrous financial gambles would not only noRacist incidents in Ireland up by 85 percent says Immigrant Council
Curitiba/Eamonn. My understanding of current DNA findings - - Scotland/ Wales/ Cornwall are recognised as 'Celtic' countries. Prior to the Roman OccupNo Irish prosecution for man named as world’s largest child porn kingpin
The rule of law must prevail. If there are grounds for charges and reasonable liklihood of conviction then the charges should be brought. But until