Gay Mitchell would rejoin the Commonwealth if it meant an United Ireland
Martin McGuinness publicly rejects Queen Elizabeth again at presidential debate
Independent candidate Sean Gallagher said he would like to see immigrants and Diaspora return to Ireland for the “Irish Expo” which will celebrate the centenary of the Easter Rising. He spoke about building a “new type of patriotism”.
David Norris also called for the anniversary of the Easter Rising to be marked by reading the 1916 Proclaimation at the General Post Office (GPO) on O’Connell Street, in Dublin. He also invited presidents from around the world to “vow to cherish all the people of the planet equally.”
Michael D Higgins said the anniversary of the Easter Rising was not the only anniversary on the calendar, referring to the founding of the Labour Party.
Dana Rosemary Scanlon called for the initiation of an annual Presidential address. She also spoke about the creation of a forum for the young people of Ireland where they could directly address the Irish head of state.
- Gay wedding cakes latest target of anti-gay...
- Racist incidents in Ireland up by 85 percent...
- An open letter in strong defence of capitalism.
- A Magdalene Laundry US adoptee who holds...
- Irish radio presenter suspended after anti-Isra
- Nelson Mandela was against IRA decommissioning.
- Families as well as Catholic Church and governm
- Baby dies in horror birth at Belfast hospital...
- Gay teacher fired from Catholic school after...
- Sarah Palin is saving Christmas
I know of one very Irish guest house operated by an Irish couple in Connecticut, near my wife's hometown. She and I have spent a few nights there arouNelson Mandela once considered a terrorist by many Irish political leaders
You should hear in the USA the right wng extremists calling Nelson Mandela all kinds of names and insults...........Why because he is black. These riVirginia governor slammed by doctor over plain cigarette pack rejection
YOur welcome to smoke - and take a decade off you life from lung cancer, throat cancer, nicotine scaring the arteries which provides places where plaAn open letter in strong defence of capitalism to Pope Francis
I'm not caht but he's a great guy, especially compared to his past extremist right wing German pope As for capitalism, in the USA, the gap between th