Former president says Celtic Tiger divide drove Irish people apart
Mary Robinson: Irish people need to pull together to hasten Ireland's recovery
Getting Ireland more involved in the climate issue, Robinson said it would not only benefit Ireland environmentally but it would also create jobs for Irish people
Robinson, 65, spoke of her role as the United Nations High Commissioner for Human rights from 1997 to 2002, her presidency of Ireland from 1990 to 1997 and her hopes and aspirations for Ireland in the future.
She also spoke of her membership in a group called the Elders, senior former politicians from many countries led by Bishop Desmond Tutu of South Africa, who attempt to tackle the most difficult issues around the world.
- An open letter in strong defence of capitalism.
- Sarah Palin is saving Christmas
- Racist incidents in Ireland up by 85 percent...
- Gay teacher fired from Catholic school after...
- Virginia governor slammed by doctor over...
- Irish drugs mule to escape full trial and...
- Top Christmas Irish ads that will be bring...
- Irish radio presenter suspended after anti-Isra
- Nelson Mandela was against IRA decommissioning.
- Families as well as Catholic Church and governm
Niall O'Dowd, as for my typos, can't you tell a bit of irony and parody when you see it?An open letter in strong defence of capitalism to Pope Francis
Quoting Churchill to an Irish audience to make a point is not the silliest part of this sad missive. Like so many "Conservatives" Conboy mBill O’Reilly slams Nelson Mandela as an unrepentant “communist”
Obama is not a socialist, that is why you got ACA run by private insurance companies instead of Single Payer. I know he's not a socialist because I amUnionists regret US envoy Haass’ call for new flag for Northern Ireland (VIDEO)
More 'fried brain' nonsense...A sibling of an Irish person...is Irish...stay out of the Sun, 'n keep trying, cobber!!!