Former Irish Prime Minister Garrett Fitzgerald fights for life
Family hold bed-side vigil for the former Fine Gael leader
Former Irish Prime Minister Dr Garret Fitzgerald continues to fight for his life in a Dublin hospital.
Doctors at the Mater hospital have placed the one time Fine Gael leader on a ventilator.
Family members have continued to hold a bedside vigil as the 85-year-old battles chronic pneumonia.
Dr Fitzgerald was rushed to hospital last week after he became ill at his Dublin home.
His condition deteriorated rapidly and he has remained in a serious condition ever since.
A Fine Gael spokesman said on Sunday that: “Dr Fitzgerald’s condition remains unchanged and his family are at his bedside.”
A renowned economics expert, Dr Fitzgerald twice led Fine Gael-Labor coalition governments in the 1980s.
He campaigned for Yes votes in both the Lisbon Treaty referendums and still writes a political and economics column for the Irish Times.
- Gay teacher fired from Catholic school after...
- Racist incidents in Ireland up by 85 percent...
- Nelson Mandela once considered a terrorist...
- Sarah Palin is saving Christmas
- An open letter in strong defence of capitalism.
- Nelson Mandela was against IRA decommissioning.
- Irish radio presenter suspended after anti-Isra
- Hollywood star Gabriel Byrne brands new Pope...
- Photo shows Irish revolutionaries three years...
- Bono, Gerry Adams, President Higgins all...
Eiriamach - Absolutly. However, Mandala was wrong, as the IRA were achieving nothing and had no prospect of ever uniting Ireland, such was the generalGay teacher fired from Catholic school after applying for same-sex marriage license
What the stupid liberals here don't know about Catholic schools: If a male teacher told his students that he was living with, but not married to his gSarah Palin is saving Christmas
When one of the know nothings needs to drum up some support or ratings they inevitably attack a conservative. Be it Palin or Limbaugh, the lazy authorRapist laughed at victim as he claimed he was HIV positive and had Hepatitis C
I certainly hope that the woman is able to overcome the trauma and have a normal life. I do, however, hope that the rapist has a stroke and loses the