Father of accused Turkish man arrested in connection with murder of two Irish women
DNA tests show two men at scene of the crime
Eyup Cetin, father of the 22 year old Recep Cetin, has been arrested in connection with the murder of two County Down women who were on holiday in Turkey last August. Recep Cetin has been accused of stabbing his girlfriend’s mother and her friend.
BBC News reports that in August of last year, Marion Graham and Cathy Dinsmore, both in their 50s, were murdered in a wood near the city of Izmir in Turkey. DNA tests confirmed that there were two men present for the murders.
Baris Kaska, the lawyer for the Graham and Dinsmore families, said "DNA traces were found on a shoe belonging to one of the victims - two distinct DNA profiles, of two people who are genetically related. So DNA confirms there were definitely two men at the crime scene."
Bone tests on Recep Cetin last month proved that he was actually 22 years old, not 17 years old as he had initially told authorities. He was the boyfriend of 15 year old Shannon Graham, Marion Graham’s daughter.
Shannon was on a boat trip when the murders occurred. When she returned home and grew concerned that she wasn’t able to get in touch with her mother, she contacted authorities.
- An open letter in strong defence of capitalism.
- Sarah Palin is saving Christmas
- Racist incidents in Ireland up by 85 percent...
- Gay teacher fired from Catholic school after...
- Virginia governor slammed by doctor over...
- Top Christmas Irish ads that will be bring...
- Irish drugs mule to escape full trial and...
- Gay wedding cakes latest target of anti-gay...
- Irish radio presenter suspended after anti-Isra
- Nelson Mandela was against IRA decommissioning.
Misneac - I totally agree.A Magdalene Laundry US adoptee who holds no hatred for Irish nuns
Why would Mark Cards have any bad memories of Sean Ross Abbey, he was 3 months old when he left there unlike Michael Hess who was three years old. IfIrish drugs mule to escape full trial and benefit from early release in Peru
So it's society's fault and not bad judgment and criminal activity by these two idiots? Is that it?Racist incidents in Ireland up by 85 percent says Immigrant Council
Don - You are absolutely correct.