Dublin’s St. Patrick’s Festival kicks off as biggest ever - SEE POLL
Seamus Heaney, Roddy Doyle readings will be highlights
Cornwall, creative director of the St. Patrick’s Festival, explains: “The new parade storyline created by Roddy Doyle celebrates Irish people’s resilience and great sense of humor. Each chapter of the story ‘Brilliant’ is a new artistic commission developed by one of Ireland’s leading pageant companies. The parade will also feature street theatre troupes, artists, dancers and marching bands from Ireland and across the globe. It is one of the largest artistic presentations in Europe.”
The largest festival of its kind in Ireland, the 2011 St. Patrick’s Festival has involved 18 months of planning and promises to excel itself with the very best of Irish and international performers. Research conducted in 2010 showed the vital economic impact of the 2010 St. Patrick’s Festival, which added €50.5 million to the economy in spending by tourists and Dubliners.
For more information, see www.stpatricksfestival.ie.
- Gay wedding cakes latest target of anti-gay...
- Racist incidents in Ireland up by 85 percent...
- An open letter in strong defence of capitalism.
- A Magdalene Laundry US adoptee who holds...
- Irish radio presenter suspended after anti-Isra
- Gay teacher fired from Catholic school after...
- Sarah Palin is saving Christmas
- Families as well as Catholic Church and governm
- Virginia governor slammed by doctor over...
- Baby dies in horror birth at Belfast hospital...
A sibling can apply for an Irish passport. Any sibling of an Irish person meaning a sibling born outside of Ireland bonehead. One really does have toNelson Mandela was against IRA decommissioning its arms during 2000 talks
Eiriamach!! The IRA were fighting state terrorism and had massive support in the 70's and 80's and I am disappointed you take the side of unionism andBill O’Reilly slams Nelson Mandela as an unrepentant “communist”
Some make a lot over the fact that Mandela associated with communists while looking over the fact that he also associated with capitalists. He was a nNelson Mandela once considered a terrorist by many Irish political leaders
You're not capable of carrying out an adult debate especially when most of your dribbling's are based on false premises chucky babe