Daniel Day-Lewis recounts family trauma as he makes impassioned plea for hospice care at Ireland Fund Gala
Surprise guest at Ireland Fund dinner moves crowd with emotional appeal
Also honored was James E. Quinn, former president of Tiffany & Company, in recognition of his corporate leadership, philanthropy and commitment to Ireland.
Quinn is a longtime supporter of the American Ireland Fund as well as the Michael Smurfit School of Business, Ireland’s leading business school.
The 2013 gala was chaired by John Fitzpatrick, CEO of Fitzpatrick Hotel Group NA, and Adrian M. Jones, managing director of Goldman, Sachs & Co.
“The generosity and commitment of our donors is the engine behind tonight’s milestone event,” said McLoughlin.
“Tonight brings the total amount raised since our inception in 1976 to over $445 million, with almost one third of that total raised in just the past four and a half years alone. The Promising Ireland Campaign has now provided vital support to more than 350 outstanding charities in Ireland and around the world.”
- Gay wedding cakes latest target of anti-gay...
- Racist incidents in Ireland up by 85 percent...
- A Magdalene Laundry US adoptee who holds...
- An open letter in strong defence of capitalism.
- Irish radio presenter suspended after anti-Isra
- Nelson Mandela was against IRA decommissioning.
- Families as well as Catholic Church and governm
- Baby dies in horror birth at Belfast hospital...
- Gay teacher fired from Catholic school after...
- Sarah Palin is saving Christmas
I'm not caht but he's a great guy, especially compared to his past extremist right wing German pope As for capitalism, in the USA, the gap between thGay wedding cakes latest target of anti-gay bigots
I've dealt with these kind of people, typically evangelists / southern baptists /born agains To put it simply they believe that every word in the bibGay wedding cakes latest target of anti-gay bigots
I have to note Brian O's comment about the execution squads. This is a madness idea perpetrated by racists like beck, Limbaugh, tony perkins of theGay wedding cakes latest target of anti-gay bigots
I've dealt with these kind of people, typically evangelists / southern baptists /born agains To put it simply they believe that every word in the bib