Sexy Danica Patrick getting green light on NASCAR with Earnhardt
Indy star in talks to join forces with Dale Jr.
- Video / Danica's 2009 Sports Illustrated swimsuit shoot / Click here
- Photo gallery / Danica's pictures will start your engines! / Click here
- Story / Danica Patrick - driving herself into the history books / Click here
- Photo gallery / Danica Patrick, the race driver / Click here
It is the biggest story in auto racing for decades.
Dale Earnhardt Jr. has made it clear that he wants Danica Patrick to join his NASCAR team, bringing about one of the greatest auto racing stories in American history and joining two legendary figures in the sport.
The Earnhardt name is the most famous in Nascar while Patrick is the only female to ever crack the top echelon of race drivers in the Indy series. She placed 3rd in the 2009 Indianapolis 500, which Wikipedia reports was both a personal best for her at the track and the highest finish by a woman in the event's history.
Danica Sue Patrick was born on March 25, 1982 in Beloit, Wisconsin. Her Irish-American parents, TJ and Bev Patrick are great racing fans. Her father, TJ, raced snowmobiles, motocross bikes and midget cars while her mother worked as a mechanic.
With her Irish good looks and sexy style, (Patrick's bikini pictures are top sellers, St. Patrick she ain't) and daredevil drive behind the wheel Patrick would bring incredible star power to the male dominated NASCAR world, and open the sport to millions of new fans.
It was reported last year that she was the second top female search term that year.
In May 2006, she published her autobiography, "Danica: Crossing the Line."
With her win in the 2008 Indy Japan 300, Patrick became the first woman to win an Indy car race. Patrick currently drives the #7 Boost Mobile/GoDaddy.com Honda/Dallara for Andretti Green Racing.
She also has an equity stake in her #7 team. It was Danica's sister Brooke who got her hooked to racing at the age of 10. She soon became a racing freak and joined the World Karting Association (WKA).
In 1994, at the age of 12, Danica won the WKA Grand National Championship in the Yamaha Sportsman class. She also won karting titles in 1995 and 1996. In 1997, she won the Grand National Championship in both the Yamaha Lite and HPV classes.
In 1998, at the age of 16, Danica moved to England to focus on racing and join the Formula Vauxhall Winter Series. In 1999, she finished ninth in the racing season. In 2000, she finished second in Formula Ford Festival.
- The New York Times questions Ireland’s highly-p
- Gay wedding cakes latest target of anti-gay...
- Spanish judge slams Ryanair’s sexist air...
- Racist incidents in Ireland up by 85 percent...
- Bah! Humbug! The ten worst things about Christm
- No Irish prosecution for man named as world’s...
- Offensive NFL sign outside restaurant just...
- Ireland crowned “Top Tourist Destination”...
- An open letter in strong defence of capitalism.
- Dublin cops foil hit on drug kingpin John...
Everyone disregard my post that is unfinished. I hit enter by mistake, sorry.Spanish judge slams Ryanair’s sexist air hostess calendar
Chuck I didn't realize that you had a great sense of humor, that was to funny. I actually had to watch it two or three times before I came to my decisThe New York Times questions Ireland’s highly-praised economic recovery
Maybe the Times should question Obama's recovery.Bah! Humbug! The ten worst things about Christmas (PHOTOS)
And to you Chuck a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New year. I have my New Year resolution already and that is to stop antagonizing you, enough is en