Crazy Irish weather continues - twister spotted off Donegal - VIDEO
Rope tunnel follows earthquake and ice stormed in the beautiful north of Ireland
After heavy and intense thunder showers in the Sliabh Sneacht, Buncrana, County Donegal, area Met Eireann (Ireland’s meteorologists) are trying to confirm reports of a tornado in the area.
They confirmed to RTE that the tornado was spotted at 11.30am on Monday. They also said that they had seen “localized, heavy echoes” on the radar.
Met Éireann said “it would not be unlikely for there to be more such incidents in the next 24 to 48 hours.”
Karl Mehlhorn of the Irish Weather Network told TheJournal.ie that what people believe was a tornado was actually a rope funnel. This is a twister, or tornado that touches down at sea. It would be referred to as a water spout if it were on land.
Met Eireann confirmed that the warm temperatures and unstable air in the area would have been ideal conditions to create the rope funnel.
This unusual weather activity has been ongoing in the area. Just last week, to the south, off Mayo, an earthquake was felt. Also earlier this month the Donegal area experienced an ice storm.
Who knows what’s next.
Here’s the amazing footage captured by Niamh O’Raw from Umricam:
- Gay wedding cakes latest target of anti-gay...
- Racist incidents in Ireland up by 85 percent...
- The New York Times questions Ireland’s highly-p
- An open letter in strong defence of capitalism.
- Offensive NFL sign outside restaurant just...
- A Magdalene Laundry US adoptee who holds...
- Irish radio presenter suspended after anti-Isra
- No Irish prosecution for man named as world’s...
- Nelson Mandela was against IRA decommissioning.
- Baby dies in horror birth at Belfast hospital...
Again where is Ireland any different that any other country in the world right now? There are people living in poverty all over the world, yes I hateNo Irish prosecution for man named as world’s largest child porn kingpin
Time for a drone strike.Spanish judge slams Ryanair’s sexist air hostess calendar
The judge is a she, not a he, but her ruling won't do much for anything. I am sure no man has fallen for this transparent campaign if he has flown RyaGay wedding cakes latest target of anti-gay bigots
It's a sad comment on the ignorance of our age that so many people refuse to realize that the law is settled: businesses open and licensed to serve th