Celtic’s Anthony Stokes death threat after he attended Real IRA tribute
Irish international striker attended memorial for IRA boss
Celtic and Irish international striker Anthony Stokes was sent a death threat on Twitter, after the soccer player attended a tribute for a murdered IRA boss.
A Twitter user named @gonzo1690 said he hoped the Ulster Volunteer Force, a paramilitary group, would ‘put a bullet’ in the 23-year-old’s head.
He tweeted: “Hope the UVF put a bullet in your head you f****** p****’.
In the same tweet, the user added: “If I ever see you you’re getting smashed ya ****.”
In response Stokes tweeted to his 69,000 plus followers: “Do I need to send this to the police or do they just pick up on it?”
The Twitter outburst came after Stokes attended a memorial event for murdered Irish gangster Alan Ryan (32) who was shot in broad daylight last September.
Hundreds of people attended the November 2 memorial for Ryan at the Submarine Bar in Crumlin in which Stokes was pictured beside a female in a gold dress.
The footballer said he was "attending a fundraiser for a family to pay funeral costs".
- Megyn Kelly says Santa and Jesus are white,...
- The New York Times questions Ireland’s highly-p
- Irish outrage over NY Times pigeon-eating...
- Gay wedding cakes latest target of anti-gay...
- Spanish judge slams Ryanair’s sexist air...
- Racist incidents in Ireland up by 85 percent...
- Bah! Humbug! The ten worst things about Christm
- Engaged couple fired by Catholic school for...
- Irish radio presenter suspended after anti-Isra
- How the Irish celebrate Christmas has changed...
Jesus is a myth, so you can paint him any color you want. The whites want Jesus to look like them, so they paint him white. If blacks want a black JeGay wedding cakes latest target of anti-gay bigots
I am sick of gays whining about 'they are being mean to me'. Go to another bakery - there are dozens!Irish radio presenter suspended after anti-Israeli comments aired on show
It amazes me of the ignorance of Irish comments & the short memory ,or lack of memory of the islamic terrorists throughout European history.Its iMegyn Kelly says Santa and Jesus are white, get used to it (VIDEO)
A tempest in a tea pot. "At this point, what difference does it make?"