Irish American community in mourning as Carolyn Maloney's husband dies in Tibet climbing accident
Congresswoman Maloney a friend of Ireland
The husband of New York Congresswoman Carolyn Maloney has died in a climbing accident in Tibet.
Clifton Maloney, 71, died Saturday.
The Irish American political is in mourning for the husband of the much-loved Maloney (D-NY).
Maloney - who has been in Congress since 1993 - recently announced that she would not challenge Kirsten Gillibrand for the U.S. Senate seat.
A memberr of the Ad Hoc Congressional Committee for Irish Affairs, Maloney has worked hard to strengthen relations between the U.S. and Ireland.
She co-sponsored H.Res. 222, which supported the Good Friday Agreement and also H.Res. 482, which supported the then new power-sharing government in Northern Ireland.
She also co-sponsored H.Con.Res. 20, which called on the British Government to establish a full, independent, and public judicial inquiry into the murder of Northern Ireland defense attorney Patrick Finucane.
- Gay wedding cakes latest target of anti-gay...
- The New York Times questions Ireland’s highly-p
- Racist incidents in Ireland up by 85 percent...
- An open letter in strong defence of capitalism.
- Offensive NFL sign outside restaurant just...
- Bah! Humbug! The ten worst things about Christm
- No Irish prosecution for man named as world’s...
- Spanish judge slams Ryanair’s sexist air...
- Irish radio presenter suspended after anti-Isra
- Ireland crowned “Top Tourist Destination”...
WE love the $ simpleSpanish judge slams Ryanair’s sexist air hostess calendar
She must be the only "holier than thou " judge in EspanaDunnes Stores protesters attended Nelson Mandela’s funeral
Another of of misguided socialist idiotsThe New York Times questions Ireland’s highly-praised economic recovery
delusional Proud Canadian--there are not enough rich left after the devastation to make any real difference- so rethink your ideas--I don't think you