Bundoran, County Donegal one of the world’s best surf towns
National Geographic puts Bundoran on “the bucket list”
National Geographic named Bundoran one of the world’s best surf towns, ranking it amongst Hanalei on Kauai, Encinitas in Southern California, and the Bukit Peninsula in Bali.
Ireland “should be on the bucket list of every surfer,” National Geographic wrote. “And Bundoran should be the start of any surfing adventure on the Emerald Isle.”
Surfers call Ireland “Europe’s cold-water Indonesia,” according to National Geographic.
The beaches and reefs around Bundoran catch almost all swells passing through the Northern Atlantic, according to National Geographic, which also noted that Bundoran’s varied coastline provides variety for surfers at different ability levels.
Although the primary beach is Tullan Strand, National Geographic recommends asking local surfers to get the beta on other interesting options.
How to find these local surfers? Buy them a round at The Bridge Bar, National Geographic recommends.
- An open letter in strong defence of capitalism.
- Sarah Palin is saving Christmas
- Racist incidents in Ireland up by 85 percent...
- Gay teacher fired from Catholic school after...
- Virginia governor slammed by doctor over...
- Irish drugs mule to escape full trial and...
- Nelson Mandela was against IRA decommissioning.
- Top Christmas Irish ads that will be bring...
- Irish radio presenter suspended after anti-Isra
- Hollywood star Gabriel Byrne brands new Pope...
How about changing the red , white and blue American flag) to green, black & red ? how would the yanks like it ?Unionists regret US envoy Haass’ call for new flag for Northern Ireland (VIDEO)
Dano you do not live in Ireland any sibling of an Irish person (or grandparent can apply for a passport). You do not live in Ireland.Gay teacher fired from Catholic school after applying for same-sex marriage license
Crusades came back in 2001 and now being waged by Secular Christians from USA and EU......The original Crusades were fought by European Catholics.Nelson Mandela once considered a terrorist by many Irish political leaders
If you wear a uniform you can kill all the women and children you like ,isn't that correct Chuck.