British retail giant Marks & Spencer apologizes over refusing customer’s Irish passport
Irish passport not recognized as valid form of identification in store outside Belfast
Marks & Spencer (M&S), the British retail giant, has apologized to an unnamed woman who was “humiliated” when her Irish passport was not accepted as a valid form of identification at a store outside Belfast, in County Antrim, Northern Ireland.
She told the Sunday Life, “Marks and Spencer are happy to take money from their Irish customers but won’t recognise their passports, it’s ridiculous.
“I felt completely humiliated and embarrassed to be treated like that just because I’m Irish and not British.”
The woman attempted to apply for a loan at the Sprucefield branch of the store, however, her Irish passport was refused.
The retailers offered the woman flowers and a £150 voucher, as well as apologizing. She declined their offer.
A spokesperson for M&S said, “We will ensure there are no future issues with loan applications from Irish passport holders.”
- An open letter in strong defence of capitalism.
- Sarah Palin is saving Christmas
- Racist incidents in Ireland up by 85 percent...
- Gay wedding cakes latest target of anti-gay...
- Gay teacher fired from Catholic school after...
- Irish radio presenter suspended after anti-Isra
- Families as well as Catholic Church and governm
- Virginia governor slammed by doctor over...
- A Magdalene Laundry US adoptee who holds...
- Top Christmas Irish ads that will be bring...
OMG !!!! What a nightmare !!!! Those poor parents, may God help them through this tradegy. Pending Medical Examiner report, I reserve my opinion.Gay wedding cakes latest target of anti-gay bigots
The proper meaning of the adjective "gay" is "happy and carefree" or "festive" (as in the lyrics to "Deck the HallsNelson Mandela once considered a terrorist by many Irish political leaders
Seanomelb, branagh and I are carrying out an adult debate. Were you never taught that children are to seen, not heard? Go away now. branagh, the planeGay wedding cakes latest target of anti-gay bigots
Cahir, I know you like to push your gay agenda, but I'm for capitalism. If I own a "private" shop and I don't want to serve you because you