Brian Friel admitted copying my work says neurologist and author Oliver Sacks
Famed Irish playwright used passages word for word from Sacks’ New Yorker article
Professor Sacks also refers to George Harrison’s hit song 'My Sweet Lord' which was legally proven out to have ‘great similarities’ to a song by Ronald Mack called 'He’s So Fine.'
He adds: “When the matter went to trial, the judge found Harrison guilty of plagiarism, but showed psychological insight and sympathy in his summary of the case.
“He found that it was not done deliberately, but it was still an infringement of copyright.”
The paper reports that magazine article also explores the deficiencies of memory and how this can lead to unconscious plagiarism, which Sacks accepts is what happened in the case of the Friel play.
- An open letter in strong defence of capitalism.
- Sarah Palin is saving Christmas
- Racist incidents in Ireland up by 85 percent...
- Gay teacher fired from Catholic school after...
- Virginia governor slammed by doctor over...
- Irish drugs mule to escape full trial and...
- Nelson Mandela was against IRA decommissioning.
- Top Christmas Irish ads that will be bring...
- Irish radio presenter suspended after anti-Isra
- Hollywood star Gabriel Byrne brands new Pope...
Quoting Churchill to an Irish audience to make a point is not the silliest part of this sad missive. Like so many "Conservatives" Conboy mBill O’Reilly slams Nelson Mandela as an unrepentant “communist”
Obama is not a socialist, that is why you got ACA run by private insurance companies instead of Single Payer. I know he's not a socialist because I amUnionists regret US envoy Haass’ call for new flag for Northern Ireland (VIDEO)
More 'fried brain' nonsense...A sibling of an Irish person...is Irish...stay out of the Sun, 'n keep trying, cobber!!!Gay teacher fired from Catholic school after applying for same-sex marriage license
Hi alisaann, in truth, the ones who lose the most are the children. Marriage affords most people a means to bequeath possessions to the family without