Boston cop shot in Watertown shootout leads July 4th celebration with Dropkick Murphy’s tune - VIDEO
Hero Richard “Dick” Donohue a surprise guest as Boston Pop’s orchestra entertained downtown Beantown for Independence Day
Richard “Dick” Donohue was a surprise guest at the downtown Boston July 4th celebrations this year. The cop who was severely injured in a shootout with the Boston Marathon bombing suspects, in Watertown, helped lead the Boston Pop orchestra in a cover version of Dropkick Murphy’s “I’m Shipping Up to Boston”.
Donohue, who is still on crutches, joined conductor Keith Lockhart on stage and the crowd went wild.
The MBTA transit officer spent two months in hospital after he was shot on April 19. The cop was officially dead for about 45 minutes but made a miraculous recovery. He is now expected to make a full recovery.
At Thursday night’s celebrations the Irish American cope acknowledged all of the Boston Marathon bombing’s first responders without whom, he said, he wouldn’t be here today.
Here’s a video of the event:
- Gay wedding cakes latest target of anti-gay...
- Racist incidents in Ireland up by 85 percent...
- An open letter in strong defence of capitalism.
- Sarah Palin is saving Christmas
- Gay teacher fired from Catholic school after...
- Irish radio presenter suspended after anti-Isra
- Virginia governor slammed by doctor over...
- Families as well as Catholic Church and governm
- A Magdalene Laundry US adoptee who holds...
- Bill O’Reilly slams Nelson Mandela as an...
Imagine the wee bairn whose father was a priest with bad blood and all, no hope of finding their roots.Families as well as Catholic Church and government to blame for illegal adoptions
An american friend of mine was adopted from Castlepollard in l955 at 2 years old. Hes tried several routes to get paperwork (came and visited for oneGay wedding cakes latest target of anti-gay bigots
The proper word for "SylviasDaddy" is "thundering asshat." He does it because he has lost the argument. We shouldn't discriminateA Magdalene Laundry US adoptee who holds no hatred for Irish nuns
It seems that if Mr. Cardosi had any compassion at all for his birth mother and what she went through, he would at least make a token effort to be &qu