Blogosphere baffled as Bill O'Reilly picked to speak at rape benefit
Was Bill O'Reilly really the best choice after 2006 murder miniskirt remarks
Fox newscaster, Bill O'Reilly is scheduled to speak at a dinner in Palm Beach, Florida, at the end of March to raise funds for a resource center for rape survivors, It Happened to Alexa Foundation.
Established in 2003, the foundation assists rape victims’ families with travel expenses during the litigation process and is the only organization of its kind in the United States.
Bloggers who have gotten word that O'Reilly will be the keynote speaker are bamboozled by the organization's choice.
O'Reilly, who spoke at a previous event organized by It Happened to Alexa Foundation last March, drew criticism back in 2006 for his comments that suggested 18-year-old rape and murder victim, Jennifer Moore, was slightly at fault for walking around in a miniskirt the night of her death.
Said O'Reilly at the time: "She (Moore) was 5-foot-2, 105 pounds, wearing a miniskirt and a halter top with a bare midriff. Now, again, there you go. So every predator in the world is gonna pick that up at 2 in the morning."
- Gay wedding cakes latest target of anti-gay...
- The New York Times questions Ireland’s highly-p
- Racist incidents in Ireland up by 85 percent...
- An open letter in strong defence of capitalism.
- Offensive NFL sign outside restaurant just...
- Bah! Humbug! The ten worst things about Christm
- No Irish prosecution for man named as world’s...
- Spanish judge slams Ryanair’s sexist air...
- Irish radio presenter suspended after anti-Isra
- Ireland crowned “Top Tourist Destination”...
IRELAND FOR THE IRISH !Lack of access to MI5 intelligence hindering garda 'mole' search
There will never be real peace until Mi5 & the british army leave Ireland !I want review of tests on gun that shot me, says IRA spy Martin McGartland
Don't worry they have a bullet for you !Spanish judge slams Ryanair’s sexist air hostess calendar
That judge should come into the 21st century. Such an idiotic comment She should be a judge on the Rose of Tralee or Spain has got Talent!