Atheist weddings soar as Ireland turns away from the Catholic Church
After becoming legal in January, many couples opt for union outside of Church
One Irish bride Suzy Addis and her South African husband Brendan Hastings opted for a humanist wedding in Slane, outside of Dublin, this year, and used Whiteside as their officiant.
"Basically we are both atheists and didn't want a religious ceremony," said Hastings. "Other weddings we have gone to tended to be all about Jesus and we're not into that. We were both raised as Catholics but kind of gave it up."
15 - 45 | See all comments
- An open letter in strong defence of capitalism.
- Sarah Palin is saving Christmas
- Racist incidents in Ireland up by 85 percent...
- Gay teacher fired from Catholic school after...
- Virginia governor slammed by doctor over...
- Irish drugs mule to escape full trial and...
- Nelson Mandela was against IRA decommissioning.
- Top Christmas Irish ads that will be bring...
- Irish radio presenter suspended after anti-Isra
- Hollywood star Gabriel Byrne brands new Pope...
Of course it was terrible what happened to these girls.. so sad. We all rant & rave about it now but that was the norm in those far off days. It'sRichard Haass sticking to 'year end' deal on flags, parading and the past
How about changing the red , white and blue American flag) to green, black & red ? how would the yanks like it ?Unionists regret US envoy Haass’ call for new flag for Northern Ireland (VIDEO)
Dano you do not live in Ireland any sibling of an Irish person (or grandparent can apply for a passport). You do not live in Ireland.Gay teacher fired from Catholic school after applying for same-sex marriage license
Crusades came back in 2001 and now being waged by Secular Christians from USA and EU......The original Crusades were fought by European Catholics.