Anglo Irish Bank evicts Dublin pensioners from their Killiney mansion- VIDEO
Evicted property speculator camps outside his family home
A Dublin property speculator with several rented apartments in his portfolio is ‘homeless’ – after he was evicted from his palatial $3million mansion by the former Anglo Irish Bank.
Brendan Kelly, 71, and his 63-year-old wife Asta were evicted in amazing scenes from their five bedroom home in Killiney on Wednesday.
The pair had taken out a $2.6million loan with Anglo to fund their property investment business and ran into difficulties paying the mortgage.
They were served with a repossession order nearly two years ago.
Bailiffs arrived at their gated community on Wednesday afternoon when they forced the front door with a crowbar as crowds gathered on the streets outside.
The elderly couple were brought screaming from their home and refused to leave the front driveway of their home but were eventually brought out into the street.
They have now camped outside the property and are refusing to move ‘under any circumstances’.
They told reporters that previously ran a successful business in the fashionable tourist resort of Sylt in northern Germany selling Irish textiles to German holidaymakers.
At the height of the Celtic Tiger boom they sold their three German stores, trading as Irland Haus, for an undisclosed sum and invested their money in the Irish property market.
Kelly insisted to the Irish Independent that he and his wife, who have no children, are now effectively homeless as all of their other properties are currently leased.
A qualified accountant, Kelly said: “This is our family home. The other houses are leased and there are tenancy agreements in place.
“The banks absolutely ruined us. We brought millions of deutschmark to this country over 23 years and we invested everything we had - and they threw us on the road.
“We are going to camp outside the house indefinitely. I am not here to discuss my financial situation, I am here to draw attention to the manner in which these people physically evicted us.”
- Notre Dame sues federal government again...
- Irish radio presenter suspended after anti-Isra
- Unionists regret US envoy Haass’ call for...
- Caroline Kennedy “selfie” in Japan reveals...
- Smithwick inquiry finds Irish police may...
- Married priests could well be Pope Francis'...
- Ireland wins top spot on Forbes’ Best Countries
- Why Ireland needs to give its emigrants a...
- Pope Francis calls capitalism “new tyranny”...
- Sarah Jessica Parker opens her heart to grievin
PhlutiePhan and Gearoid4 are back on their "ignore-the-facts, science-is-a-hoax" bandwagons again. Available free on the Internet is the amNotre Dame sues federal government again over birth control
Why should the child pay the ultimate price simply for being an inconvenience for those who indulge in recreational sex without responsibility? CasesNotre Dame sues federal government again over birth control
We told Notre Dame not to have Obama speak at Notre Dame. Obama is a pro-death President.Notre Dame sues federal government again over birth control
if they DON'T want birth control....then MAKE THE CATHOLICS pay the medical bills for the mother and ADOPT those babies, that women are FORCED to carr