Actor Chris O’Dowd and diplomat Peter Ryan receive Irish honors from Ireland Fund
Young leaders award Irish Spirit and Dylan Smith Community Service prizes
Ryan talked about the privilege of getting an award named after Dylan Smith. “Oh it’s a great honor to be receiving the Dylan Smith Community Service Award , he’s sort of a hero to all of us in New York.”
Dylan Smith saved six people from drowning in SuperStorm Sandy by towing them on his surfboard. Tragically, he later died on vacation surfing in Puerto Rico.
Ryan described his work as “the middle of the web for all Irish groups” allowing for a unified Irish America to more efficiently help the Superstorm victims.
The night was a great success and Ryan described the event as “a great opportunity for everyone to come together obviously but it's a good way to highlight the fabulous work the Ireland Fund does, raising money for worthy causes.”
- An open letter in strong defence of capitalism.
- Sarah Palin is saving Christmas
- Racist incidents in Ireland up by 85 percent...
- Gay teacher fired from Catholic school after...
- Virginia governor slammed by doctor over...
- Top Christmas Irish ads that will be bring...
- Irish drugs mule to escape full trial and...
- Nelson Mandela was against IRA decommissioning.
- Families as well as Catholic Church and governm
- Bill O’Reilly slams Nelson Mandela as an...
Once again, can we please get it straight that mother-baby homes were NOT Magdalene Laundries? They were two completely separate types of institutionsGay wedding cakes latest target of anti-gay bigots
I'm pretty certain the writer has denied service to gay couples or attacked others by writing a provocative book about Christmas so I can't understandKatherine Webb and the morbid depths of US sports 'journalism'
So, let's sum up. The U.S. educational system gave us the airplane, the transistor, GPS, the Internet and more science/medical Nobel Prizes than the rRacist incidents in Ireland up by 85 percent says Immigrant Council
Based on my experiences here (US) I would only advise a bit of skepticism with the complaints of racial "harassment". We have seen far too