9/11 Memorial, the World Trade Attacks by numbers
Top statistics from the September 11 attacks
As the ten year anniversary fast approaches to the 9/11 attacks that irreversibly changed U.S. history, we take a look at some of the harrowing statistics from the terrorist attacks.
The Twin Towers were built in 1970
Total number killed in attacks (official figure as of 9/5/02): 2,819
Number of employees who died in Tower One: 1,402
Number of employees who died in Tower Two: 614
Ratio of men to women who died: 3:1
Age of the greatest number who died: between 35 and 39
Bodies found "intact": 289
Body parts found: 19,858
Ron Clifford escaped World Trade Center, as sister and niece killed in plane
Number of people who lost a spouse or partner in the attacks: 1,609
Percentage of Americans who knew someone hurt or killed in the attacks: 20
Number of people who died when American Airlines flight 11 from Boston, Massachusetts, to Los Angeles, California, crashed into the north tower of the World Trade Center: 92
Number of people who died when United Airlines flight 175 from Boston, Massachusetts, to Los Angeles, California, crashed into the south tower of the World Trade Center: 65
Number of people who died when United Airlines flight 93,
From Newark, New Jersey, to San Francisco, California, crashed in rural southwest Pennsylvania: 45
Number of people who died when American Airlines flight 77, from Washington to Los Angeles, crashed into the Pentagon: 64
Number of peole killed in the Pentagon: 125
- Horse disemboweled and sliced open in horrific.
- Senator Schumer says Irish deserve a separate...
- Irish footballer under investigation after...
- Irish politician refuses to back down on...
- Bill O'Reilly claims the Obama administration...
- Chilling testimony before congressional hearing
- Delphi Lodge takes responsibility for turning...
- Sex addiction on the rise says Dublin Clinic...
- Gerry Adams accuses British government of...
- Enda Kenny rejects Dublin Archbishop's claims...