2016 Presidential contender Peter King wants to 'remind Republicans who we are'
King vows to wage a war for the 'soul of the Republican Party'
On Monday Congressman Peter King wound up a two-day trip to New Hampshire to test the presidential waters. His mission will be to wage 'a battle for the soul of the Republican Party,' he announced.
According to the Daily News the former chairman of the House Homeland Security Committee said he's carefully considering a 2016 White House bid as his response to what he calls an isolationist trend among other Republican candidates.
'The Republican Party is the national defense party,' King told the Daily News. 'We need to get out and remind Republicans who we are.'
Meanwhile King told the press he got 'a very positive' reception in New Hampshire, despite a Quinnipiac University Poll on Monday that showed 70% of Granite State voters don't know who he is.
King made stops in Wakefield and Wolfeboro and is reportedly planning additional trips to the state next month.
- Gay teacher fired from Catholic school after...
- Racist incidents in Ireland up by 85 percent...
- An open letter in strong defence of capitalism.
- Sarah Palin is saving Christmas
- Nelson Mandela once considered a terrorist...
- Irish radio presenter suspended after anti-Isra
- Virginia governor slammed by doctor over...
- Hollywood star Gabriel Byrne brands new Pope...
- Nelson Mandela was against IRA decommissioning.
- Bono, Gerry Adams, President Higgins all...
I think it's a riot that a girl who is accused of drug smuggling is still wearing her hair in a huge bun. You can't make this stuff up.Sarah Palin is saving Christmas
It is kind of strange in America how you hear more Christmas songs the day after Thanksgiving (aka Black Friday) than you do the day after Christmas.An open letter in strong defence of capitalism to Pope Francis
Pope is not against capitalism but rather the excess of captialism....nothing new here, Pope John Paul II said after we dismantled the Evil Empire: &qSarah Palin is saving Christmas
Since O'Doherty has never revealed himself to have anything intelligent to say, why not just engage in hate-filled trivializing caricatures.