2,000 Irish children were illegally adopted in US from Magdalene Laundries
McAleese report comes after Irish American survivors pressed Irish government
• never inspected, licensed or certified these home as “Approved” institutions
• has yet to produce records for the women it referred to the laundries
• refuses to admit its complicity in referring women to the Magdalene laundries
• refuses to acknowledge its failure to protect women’s constitutional rights
• refuses to apologize for its role in referring women to the laundries and therefore impedes “restorative justice” for this population of institutional survivors.
JFM met with Cardinal Sean Brady in June 2010 as part of their campaign to Engage the Catholic Religious Congregations. He characterised the presentation as “fair and balanced,” and, as reported by The Irish Times, he encouraged JFM to “continue its efforts to establish dialogue and a process of justice and healing for all concerned.”
15 - 54 | See all comments
- Notre Dame sues federal government again...
- Irish radio presenter suspended after anti-Isra
- Unionists regret US envoy Haass’ call for...
- Smithwick inquiry finds Irish police may...
- Caroline Kennedy “selfie” in Japan reveals...
- Married priests could well be Pope Francis'...
- Ireland wins top spot on Forbes’ Best Countries
- Why Ireland needs to give its emigrants a...
- Pope Francis calls capitalism “new tyranny”...
- Sarah Jessica Parker opens her heart to grievin
if they DON'T want birth control....then MAKE THE CATHOLICS pay the medical bills for the mother and ADOPT those babies, that women are FORCED to carrNotre Dame sues federal government again over birth control
If Notre Dame wants federal dollars it should abide by federal law. This is a democracy not a theocracy. If they want to prevent young woman from acceNotre Dame sues federal government again over birth control
Darao: How shallow can a human being become as to be indifferent to the destruction of family stability, the encouragement of male irresponsibility, aUnionists regret US envoy Haass’ call for new flag for Northern Ireland (VIDEO)
Wipe you ass with the union jack Haas is an idiot as well