Senator Scott Brown pushing GOP to pass Irish visa bill reports Politico
Battling opposition from within his own party as he seeks way forward
Brown stated “I’m working on using every mechanism and every means to address their concerns like I do on every bill,”I don’t do stuff based on campaign issues; I’ve been doing my job since I got here,” he said.
Brown denied claiming he had support for passage of the bill last week in the Boston Herald
“I said the issue is about to pop; I never said the bill was about to pop,” he said. “The fact that we’re talking about it, and it’s in the forefront, that’s about to pop.”
But Beth Levine, Grassley’s spokeswoman,said her boss is concerned that Brown's bill could “hurt high-skilled American jobs.” She stated that the two men had met to attempt to reach a compromise.
Asked by Politico whether passage of the bill would help Brown’s reelection, Senator Cornyn said: “It’s a little more complicated than that. It takes a majority of the Senate to pass a bill.”
- An open letter in strong defence of capitalism.
- Sarah Palin is saving Christmas
- Racist incidents in Ireland up by 85 percent...
- Gay wedding cakes latest target of anti-gay...
- Gay teacher fired from Catholic school after...
- Irish radio presenter suspended after anti-Isra
- Families as well as Catholic Church and governm
- Virginia governor slammed by doctor over...
- A Magdalene Laundry US adoptee who holds...
- Top Christmas Irish ads that will be bring...
The proper word for "SylviasDaddy" is "thundering asshat." He does it because he has lost the argument. We shouldn't discriminateA Magdalene Laundry US adoptee who holds no hatred for Irish nuns
It seems that if Mr. Cardosi had any compassion at all for his birth mother and what she went through, he would at least make a token effort to be &quBaby dies in horror birth at Belfast hospital as father calls for inquest
OMG !!!! What a nightmare !!!! Those poor parents, may God help them through this tradegy. Pending Medical Examiner report, I reserve my opinion.Gay wedding cakes latest target of anti-gay bigots
The proper meaning of the adjective "gay" is "happy and carefree" or "festive" (as in the lyrics to "Deck the Halls