Man admits to raping daughter over ten-year period while Mum was at bingo
Wicklow man raped daughter on a ‘daily basis’
Mary Rose Gearty SC, defending, said that her client is an elderly man in "extremely poor health" who has taken full responsibility for these grave offences.
She said he suffers from arthritis and is in ongoing and constant pain for which he wears a morphine patch. He falls regularly and currently has some broken ribs due to a recent fall.
She said he receives eight hours of oxygen as he sleeps at night, has a heart condition and takes over 15 different tablets each day.
She said he made "genuinely helpful" admissions and entered a guilty plea instead of "cynically" trying to sit and wait it out.
Mr Justice Carney initially remanded O'Brien in custody for sentencing next Monday but after hearing from Ms Gearty that her client is not a flight risk he remanded him on continuing bail until then.
Mr Justice Carney said that he was doing this "provided no hope is read into it."
- An open letter in strong defence of capitalism.
- Sarah Palin is saving Christmas
- Racist incidents in Ireland up by 85 percent...
- Gay teacher fired from Catholic school after...
- Irish drugs mule to escape full trial and...
- Virginia governor slammed by doctor over...
- Nelson Mandela was against IRA decommissioning.
- Top Christmas Irish ads that will be bring...
- Irish radio presenter suspended after anti-Isra
- Hollywood star Gabriel Byrne brands new Pope...
Ugh .. this man... I sincerely hope I am not related to him anywhere down the line considering I am/was O'Reilly.... Does he really need to make commeSarah Palin is saving Christmas
Celebrate Christmas but not a Christian !! Emm....isn't celebrating Christmas about christianity, otherwise change the word...Virginia governor slammed by doctor over plain cigarette pack rejection
Proud C2, I quit 38 years ago. But unlike you liberals I do not wish to control everyones lives. I people want to smoke, have at it. It is called choiVirginia governor slammed by doctor over plain cigarette pack rejection
I wonder if the Governor of Virginia put up similar protests on behalf of his constituents when the slave trade was outlawed everywhere else but his m