Irish doctor wanted in Florida for child sex abuse arrested in Morocco
Fled to Ireland then Morocco after charges were filed against him
An Irish doctor wanted on child molestation charges in the U.S. has been arrested in Morocco.
Doctor Rory Doyle, (58), disappeared from his mother’s Dublin home after he was sought for extradition by American authorities in Florida.
He had been working under the name Dr. David West in Ireland after he changed his name by deed poll.
He only came to the attention of authorities after a complaint about an inappropriate relationship with a patient in Ireland came to light.
He is wanted on charges of molesting two girls aged 8 and 13 in Treasure Beach, Florida and St. Petersburg while they were both asleep.
He fled Florida for Ireland after being charged in Florida and was later located at his mother’s home.
He fled again while on bail to appeal an extradition request which had been granted by an Irish court.
His arrest in Morocco comes after a joint Irish, U.S, Moroccan and British manhunt. He was arrested in Tangiers.
He has denied the charges of molestation which occurred in 1994 and 1995.
In Ireland he had been living with his 89-year-old mother who had put up bail of $200,000 for him which she had to forfeit.
In December 2011 Dr Doyle received his passport back to allow him to accompany his mother to England. He absconded soon after.
- Gay wedding cakes latest target of anti-gay...
- The New York Times questions Ireland’s highly-p
- Racist incidents in Ireland up by 85 percent...
- An open letter in strong defence of capitalism.
- Offensive NFL sign outside restaurant just...
- Bah! Humbug! The ten worst things about Christm
- No Irish prosecution for man named as world’s...
- Spanish judge slams Ryanair’s sexist air...
- Irish radio presenter suspended after anti-Isra
- Ireland crowned “Top Tourist Destination”...
WE love the $ simpleSpanish judge slams Ryanair’s sexist air hostess calendar
She must be the only "holier than thou " judge in EspanaDunnes Stores protesters attended Nelson Mandela’s funeral
Another of of misguided socialist idiotsThe New York Times questions Ireland’s highly-praised economic recovery
delusional Proud Canadian--there are not enough rich left after the devastation to make any real difference- so rethink your ideas--I don't think you