Bono and wife Ali are in awe of Queen Elizabeth after meeting her
“An incredible woman, her stamina is unbelievable” says Ali
Bono and his wife Ali are in awe of Queen Elizabeth after meeting the 86-year-old monarch and witnessing her amazing energy level.
The rock star and his wife met the queen at a ceremony for young artists in London.
"She's an incredible woman. Her stamina is unbelievable," she told the Irish Independent.
"I think she's an amazing woman. It's not an easy job and she works hard.
"She stood for the whole ceremony and then walked through a room of 600 to 800, meeting people. She's got some incredible stamina," she said.
"She had an amazing time in Ireland and it was a great thing to have her come and for Ireland to move on," Ali said.
Ali stated she was looking forward to meeting Aung San Suu Kyi when she visits Ireland on JUne 18th and Bono presents her with the Amnesty International Ambassador of Conscience award.
"It's such an incredible thing to have her come to Ireland. It's a huge honour for us to have her in the country," she said.
She also revealed her daughter Eve is studying for he racting exams at New York University
Eve,(21), recently starred alongside Sean Penn in the film 'This Must Be The Place' -- which was shot in Dublin.
"She's about to get her degree so she's got her head down and working hard," Ali said.
Ali refused to comment on Facebook and how she and Bono feel about the company which they own major shares in "I'm going to leave that one," she said. "But I still have a huge amount of faith in Facebook and the markets are all over the place anyway.”
"We'll see how it rides out but it's a long-term thing, it's not a short-term thing," she said.
- Horse disemboweled and sliced open in horrific.
- Chilling testimony before congressional hearing
- Bill O'Reilly claims the Obama administration...
- Senator Schumer says Irish deserve a separate...
- Irish footballer under investigation after...
- Enda Kenny rejects Dublin Archbishop's claims...
- Census shows more Catholics than Protestants...
- Irish politician refuses to back down on...
- 'You attack one Muslim, you attack all Muslims'
- Gerry Adams accuses British government of...