Try a new Irish breakfast with Irish oatmeal, bacon and cheddar soufflé
IRISH OATMEAL, BACON AND CHEDDAR SOUFFLE
4 tablespoons unsalted butter
1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
1 cup milk
¾ cup quick cook Irish oatmeal
½ cup grated Irish cheddar cheese
1/3 cup low fat cream cheese
½ cup chopped crisply fried bacon
4 large egg yolks, beaten
1 tablespoon chopped fresh flat leaf parsley
1 teaspoon prepared mustard
¼ teaspoon salt to taste
½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
Freshly ground black pepper to taste
4 large egg whites, stiffly beaten
Using 2 tablespoons butter, generously grease an 8” soufflé dish. Dust with flour and set aside.
Place milk and remaining butter in a medium saucepan over medium high heat and heat until almost boiling. Slowly stir in oatmeal. Cook, stirring constantly, for about 4 minutes or until thick.
Remove from heat and beat in the cheeses. When well combined, stir in bacon, then egg yolks, parsley, mustard, salt and pepper.
Fold beaten egg whites in thirds into the soufflé mix taking care not to deflate the egg whites. When well incorporated but not overly mixed, spoon into prepared soufflé dish.
Place in cold oven. Turn heat on to 350 degrees and bake, undisturbed, for about 40 minutes or until center is still slightly soft but soufflé has risen and set.
More #IRISHFOOD (4)
- Daily Mail unloads on 'drunken young' Paddys with booze-baiting rant - British tabloid co...
- Two Irish chefs launch new All-Ireland Culinary tours business...
- Irish restaurant critic Ross Golden-Bannon launches pop-up artisan eatery...
- Planning a Trip to Ireland? Avail of our new IrishCentral Travel Deal of the Week...
- Michelle Obama and daughters trace their...
- President Obama’s visit to North comes at...
- Body of Irish immigrant tossed in medical...
- Former church spokesman criticised for using...
- Sinn Fein deputy leader speaks out against...
- Daily Mail unloads on 'drunken young' Paddys...
- Irish kids receive almost $700 in Holy Communio
- North’s Minister for Finance accuses Republic...
- Shock as Irish priest praises Prime Minister’s.
- President Obama urges all of Northern Ireland...