A mouthwatering recipe for Irish Watercress Soup
Here’s a simple, indescribably delicious watercress soup recipe. Watercress has been grown and eaten in Ireland since prehistoric times. Its mild peppery flavor makes it a popular salad green and garnish.
1 large onion, diced
1/2 cup diced leek
1/2 cup diced celery
2 tablespoons butter
2 medium potatoes, peeled and diced
1-quart chicken or vegetable stock
1/2-cup heavy cream
6 ounces watercress, well washed
1/2 cup of whipped heavy cream for garnish
8 sprigs of watercress for garnish
In a 2-quart heavy-bottomed saucepan, over medium-high heat, sweat the onion, leek, and celery in butter, until soft.
Add potato and chicken or vegetable stock. Simmer gently, uncovered, 25 minutes.
Add cream and watercress and simmer, 2 minutes. In a food processor fitted with a steel blade, puree until smooth.
Season to taste.
- Delicious Christmas recipe for a chocolate Yule log, the Bûche de Noël...
- A variation on the traditional Irish Christmas Cake recipe ...
- How the Irish celebrate Christmas has changed since the financial collapse...
- Hearty and warming Irish beef and onion pie recipe...
- Gay wedding cakes latest target of anti-gay...
- Racist incidents in Ireland up by 85 percent...
- A Magdalene Laundry US adoptee who holds...
- Irish radio presenter suspended after anti-Isra
- An open letter in strong defence of capitalism.
- Offensive NFL sign outside restaurant just...
- Baby dies in horror birth at Belfast hospital...
- The New York Times questions Ireland’s highly-p
- Nelson Mandela was against IRA decommissioning.
- Sarah Palin is saving Christmas