A mouthwatering recipe for Irish Watercress Soup
Here’s a simple, indescribably delicious watercress soup recipe. Watercress has been grown and eaten in Ireland since prehistoric times. Its mild peppery flavor makes it a popular salad green and garnish.
1 large onion, diced
1/2 cup diced leek
1/2 cup diced celery
2 tablespoons butter
2 medium potatoes, peeled and diced
1-quart chicken or vegetable stock
1/2-cup heavy cream
6 ounces watercress, well washed
1/2 cup of whipped heavy cream for garnish
8 sprigs of watercress for garnish
In a 2-quart heavy-bottomed saucepan, over medium-high heat, sweat the onion, leek, and celery in butter, until soft.
Add potato and chicken or vegetable stock. Simmer gently, uncovered, 25 minutes.
Add cream and watercress and simmer, 2 minutes. In a food processor fitted with a steel blade, puree until smooth.
Season to taste.
- A variation on the traditional Irish Christmas Cake recipe ...
- How the Irish celebrate Christmas has changed since the financial collapse...
- Hearty and warming Irish beef and onion pie recipe...
- Top ten best Irish food and drink treats for the Christmas season...
- An open letter in strong defence of capitalism.
- Sarah Palin is saving Christmas
- Racist incidents in Ireland up by 85 percent...
- Gay teacher fired from Catholic school after...
- Virginia governor slammed by doctor over...
- Irish drugs mule to escape full trial and...
- Top Christmas Irish ads that will be bring...
- Families as well as Catholic Church and governm
- Irish radio presenter suspended after anti-Isra
- Nelson Mandela was against IRA decommissioning.